Posted: Nov 4th 2010 7:11PM MrGutts said

Nerf Vulcan ready to fire sir!

Fire Fire Fire!!

Posted: Nov 4th 2010 11:19PM MrsAngelD said

I really wish this were a good thing, but it's just not.

Posted: Nov 5th 2010 8:43AM Damn Dirty Ape said

Welcome to Nerfsville, population YOU!

Hah, sometimes I miss the old fashioned days when developers wouldn't try to sugarcoat everything.

Posted: Nov 5th 2010 11:22AM ShivanSwordsman said

Technically, this isn't a nerf, so to say. What they're saying is they want to add more options to the healing tree to do damage, so it feels more like, say, the Shaman from WAR. Anyone who played that class knows it's tons of fun, and was one of my favorite classes.

I'm not exactly expecting good things, as it was nice having a tree purely to one side of thing, then letting the player customize (y'know, taking Benedictions of Peace as a main with 4 talents, then sticking in 3 from Cleansing Fires). This might not stink entirely, though I'm being cautiously optimistic.

LOTRO has become a truly amazing game, and I'm expecting good things from this team. Especially since DDO has jacked up it's race prices and is showing to be stagnating in it's party system (yes, you still have to run allllll the way to the Dungeon, it's hard as heck to tell where your party members are if you just joined, Turbine Points are a drag to try and collect, etc etc).

Like I said, I'm trying to remain optimistic, as I'm hoping the redesign will turn it, literally, into the Shaman from WAR. Healing gave bonus to your attack spells, and vice versa, every cast adding benefits. C'mon LOTRO, give me some WAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Posted: Nov 5th 2010 12:37PM Dayron said

man, I miss my shaman to :C

Posted: Nov 5th 2010 3:42PM DancingTaco said

Go to the RK forums for all the proof you need that this is a dreadful nerf that will have many up in arms... I hate those who cry wolf all the time about nerfs to their class, but from the Bullroarer testing going on, many are HoT over it right now...

The Daily Grind: Should museums preserve MMOs?

Posted on Oct 1st 2014 8:00AM