Posted: Nov 4th 2010 8:18PM herculesmrb said

In before 'zomg look at those bad combat animations'.

Seriously though, I am really starting to appreciate the concepts for the areas that are being showcased lately. I am honestly more of a Marvel guru than DC, so I can't speak for accuracy/importance of locales... but as a gamer I can say this game looks fun.

Also, for those of you having brain aneurysms over the combat animations... there are other combat videos on other fansites that show much smoother/fluid combat. Why for the life of my SOE is not showcasing these on more mainstream fansites such as massively.com is beyond me, but if you look at some of the character creation/starter zone vids played on a PS3, they aren't as stiff as what has been shown on this website lately.

Posted: Nov 4th 2010 9:11PM Faryon said

I agree, but even though some of the newer videos have shown off a bit smoother animations they still leave a lot to be desired imo.. Specially when you think about how smooth the other movements of the characters look (running, jumping, flying ect).. But I guess the combat animations make sense if you look at them from a comic book perspective since they almost make the combat look like picture-by-picture comic book combat.

Posted: Nov 4th 2010 10:00PM TheGreatMachine said

Check out the scale.. compare one of the cars driving around to Star Labs.. that's awesome

Posted: Nov 5th 2010 1:27AM (Unverified) said

Still waiting on my Beta invite email.

It said by Nov 30th, right? /sigh.

Posted: Nov 7th 2010 1:48PM herculesmrb said

I'd hate to play armchair lawyer here, but I'm sure when they changed the launch date to 'sometime in 2011' that beta invite promise dates were changed without warning as well.

Posted: Nov 7th 2010 2:35PM (Unverified) said

@MMOenthusiast

Nah man, the "Send a picture of your Preorder receipt, get a beta invite by Nov 30th" thing came as a result of said launch delay until "Early 2011", so that wouldn't be it. Just tired of waiting, altho honestly, it could be a blessing in disguise.

With the delay, I"ll get to demo the game before it launches, see if its worth it...With the push-back, its treading dangerously close to my FFXIV PS3 launch time, and that's what I'm more interested in as it were.

Posted: Nov 7th 2010 2:52PM MrGutts said

Only a picture? What about the e-mail from Steam or D2D?

Posted: Nov 7th 2010 3:50PM (Unverified) said

@MrGutts

From what I understand, you need to submit a screenshot of the preorder receipt/email thing from the online sources (but as I ordered from Gamestop, I can't personally say).

And when you do, there's no confirmation email, just fyi. Nothign saying "Hey dude, we got it, just wait and such".