Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 5:11PM Yoh said

Happy Birthday guys.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 9:47PM edwardjrk said

I'm a big fan of this podcast, however a bit more diversity in games hosts discuss and play. Sorry to say but im tired of Guild Wars being mentioned 50% of the time, I understand its a staple in Shawn and Rubi relationship however I feel there are games that are being overlooked.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 9:15PM Lt Cobalt said

When you talked about the battle in eve and suggest that it makes "more sense" to have 100 vs 100 you seem to completely misunderstand the entire point of sandbox games, the idea is to remove as many of the limits and constrictions you are boxes in by in themepark games.
What's the point in even trying to make a good game I'd you don't want to push the limits? Personally I'm sick of themepark games, they are a dime a dozen.

Posted: Nov 4th 2010 1:52PM Brianna Royce said

@Joshuaedwardk -- Come on now, we talked about Ultima Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, City of Heroes, World of Warcraft, Fallen Earth, Star Wars Galaxies, Lord of the Rings Online, FarmVille (and other Zynga games), Metaplace, EVE Online, Entropia (Universal Monsters/Planet Michael), Minecraft, World of Darkness, Dark Age of Camelot, Aika, Vindictus -- all in this one episode. We only talked about Guild Wars for ~80 seconds in a 42-minute show.

@Mike -- I adore sandbox/PW games (remember, I'm the SWG junkie!) and I love mass PvP (in fact, lately mass PvP is the only type I really enjoy), but I maintain that if you're only interacting with 100 people in a 3000-person battle anyway, those other 2900 may as well not exist, and in fact their presence (when it lags you as that EVE battle did) is a drag on the experience -- except when it comes to bragging rights after the fact. Ceteris paribus, I'd rather see dev time spent on tailoring the PvP experience for smaller-but-still-meaty large-scale battles than on removing lag for a once-in-a-blue-moon mass-gathering. I'd rather my game experience actually be fun, not *just* be a legendary tale after the lag has cleared.

-Bree

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM