Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 2:47PM The Minn said

How ironic. After reading the list and thinking I chose "Darkfall" and right now it is in the lead and that is great. I think right now is a great time to revisit Darkfall as a lot of improvements have been made. If the outcome is Darkfall I would recommend never posting a picture of your toon and name on massively as I will always try and kill you....since I have the option to =)

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 2:56PM Tom in VA said

I really *REALLY* wanted to pick Sword of the New World just because it bears the unique distinction of being the Worst MMO I Have Ever Played. But that would have been ... unkind. Besides, it wasn't on the list anyway. (sniffle) Anyways, I voted for STO instead. (sniffle)

Jef, even though I hated AoC (I still have nightmares about being shipwrecked on Tortage), I always enjoy your writing -- which invariably makes me laugh. Looking forward to whatever adventure it is.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 2:56PM karnisov said

can we get some more obscure voting choices? these have all been around a while and had a fair amount of coverage already.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 3:14PM Syesta said

OK well, Darkfall it is. lol

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 3:22PM Pewpdaddy said

Is there a Darkfall botnet out there? Look at Darkfall run away with this one =p So much for hearing him yell about FFXIV. ^-^

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 3:31PM Fakeassname said

346 votes for Darkfall (ATM), nothing else has broken three digits.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 4:46PM PhilATX said

Just resubbed to darkfall and having a blast,dont think you will regret coming and checking it out.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 3:42PM Jef Reahard said

I highly doubt it's a botnet, lol. It looks like they're mobilizing on their forums and Facebook page to rock the vote.

Also, it's day one; there are 5+ days for other games to collect votes.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 3:50PM (Unverified) said

Would you be willing to tell us or your name in game? I'm just starting out in Darkfall as well. And so far, people have helped me some. I'm sure they'd help you too if you need any. Even if you didn't, I'm trying to find someone to pvp with. It would be nice to play with you sometime.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 3:53PM (Unverified) said

And would you be on EU or NA?

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 3:57PM Jef Reahard said

Sure you'll know my character name and can add him to your friends list, etc. That's part of this column's M.O. As far as NA or EU goes, it's far too early to tell if the winning game is even going to be Darkfall. If it does win, I'll do a little research as to which server will give me the best performance. I'm assuming NA, but I don't know.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 4:01PM (Unverified) said

What country do you live in? I'll tell you. I hope darkfall wins. This game is dying and it needs some support. It's kind of like the father who abuses his perfect son/daughter.. Aventurine kind of screws things up and dosen't focus on necessities and are blowing some potential.. They just need more players.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 4:09PM Temko said

as Massivly is NA based, probably NA server.
If you have any desire to "get a boost" contact Nandi Kou on Na. i'll throw some gear your way, and help ye get set up and rolling.

god knows the first 2 hours are the most horrible in darkfall :P

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 4:14PM (Unverified) said

Don't underestimate the power of forumfall. Looking forward to seeing you in DF!

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 5:00PM otoan said

My opinion is very biased, being a hardcore pvper that has played darkfall for about a year, but I think Darkfall is the most underrated/underadvertised out of all the MMOs on that list. It really deserves to have a long detailed review from an outsiders' perspective. Just don't read the pile of trash forums or it might deter you from the game.(they aren't heavily moderated like most MMO forums). Hopefully this lead it has wins out and you get to see the good points of darkfall. I would definitely play anonymously. Join a clan and learn the game. If you don't you won't get the full experience because there will be griefers that want to grief you more and people that want to lavish you with free shit to get good advertising. Which it desperately needs.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 5:13PM kazamxi said

If you do come to Darkfall major Alliances look like they will take you under their wing and let you see some of the higher end content faster than a normal player. This should give you a better understanding of what its like to be a DF player and why they love it.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 5:34PM Graill440 said

First, make an EVE account. DO NOT tell anyone whom you are, just be joe blow off the street. Play EVE SOLO, be a mission runner/miner, you will make bank soon enough. then explore the outer reaches of low sec whilst not bothering anyone, and again, never tell them who you are as it will influence actions and be an unfair advantage.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 5:36PM Kasmos said

Jef:

If Darkfall wins (which I hope it does), please understand that your first few hours are going to be rough.

Too many people come into Darkfall thinking it's as easy as all of the other MMOs out there and get frustrated (see Eurogamer's crappy review).

Join a clan right away (I'm sure plenty of people will take you under their wing, myself included), and then you'll really get to see how unbelievable this game is.

Just wait for your first seige, you'll realize you've never had such an insane experience in any MMO ever once you do.

Posted: Aug 29th 2011 10:36AM (Unverified) said

This makes me want to try Darkfall out. Downloading the trial now.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 6:09PM Kasmos said

You should. Make sure you try to join a clan once you get a hang of the combat controls and UI, but also note that the UI is getting completely redone in Darkfall 2010, the huge expansion they've been working on for a year that is supposedly going to completely change the game (it's been referenced as a "relaunch" of Darkfall).

Are you going NA or EU? If you're NA let me know and I'll get in touch with you in-game.