Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 6:21PM Zantom said

I was on the Warhammer bandwagon and bought it when it released. I was very disappointed with the speed of the game. The movement speed, the character model fluidity, the combat speed. It just seemed like a very sluggish game. I doubt something that core to the game design would ever be updated. Its a shame, but it just isn't for me.

Its nice to see they have a following and some content updates. Still, for a game to have come out swinging hard against WoW as its demise, it is unfortunate for them they fell so far behind.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 6:22PM arodriguezc said

Very nice! but they should be the third faction that this game needs. I do not understand this game... when I get to do actual pvp it was great and the most fun game, but the population is an issue and this race could have been the thing that this game needed but as a playable faction not as mercenaries!... lord does not support it.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 7:03PM Runewastaken said

I do not play WAR but I do not like it when they start making races available to both sides of the fence. I did not care for it in DAoC with the minotaurs (although they at least were different types of minotaurs) I just don't care for it. It would be like adding a race to WoW that both the Alliance and the Horde could play....

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 9:19PM Unshra said

@Archliche
Link the pandaren? I kid of course, though that alone would get me to
return to WoW. lol

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 9:37PM Valdur said

Looks like "desperate times,desperate measures" to counter the 2011 incoming storms.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 6:38PM BIZKeT said

If this had come out a year ago I would probably have kept playing. Too many other MMO's I like now. I have to agree with AROD that a 3rd faction would have made this game great.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 1:00AM (Unverified) said

There should never have been "factions"

Each race is a faction onto itself in Warhammer lore.

This and the world design is what screwed up WAR.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 5:02AM (Unverified) said

these rat-mans things is better than nothing,...but not enought to bring me back to the game. I think a F2P model might be the only way to save WAR at these pont

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 6:05AM Space Cobra said

It's funny. I really liked the game at first, then slowly drifted away and the server mergers didn't help. I was on the two most popular RP servers, playing opposite sides. So the first one got merged and one server-stable went into server-limbo. Hard to play after that, especially since I was starting to drift and I lost where the guilds I was a member of went.

Needless to say, I may try out Skaven, at least for a month, but I don't think I will be around for much longer than that. Like many opinions, while this is a good addition, it really should have been a third faction (I like a challenge, but faction uneveness gets boring for either side you are on). I think I am going to be dazzled by the models but when I start doing the PvP (if I can find any!) and PvE, I am most likely going to see similar play mechanics and eventually walk away.

I hate to be pessimistic, but that's seems what is likely to happen with other players, too. Maybe this will surprise us, but I am not reading any clues that it will.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 6:35AM Deadalon said

Hmm didn't know rats were the next populare things in the world.... Just goes to show what PR can do... "I want to play a rat!!"

To more serious note. War does not have the content - the replayabilty, the technical ability nor the funds and dev team to compete in current MMO world. As a subscription based game it is on the verge of collapsing... beeing carried by endless trials while few hundred players bother to actully spend months farming in higher tiers.

War had a chance like year ago to switch to free to play model and quite a big group of players would probably kept in touch with the game. Now on the other hand... those ppl are gone elsewhere and will not be returning to play a hoverhyped rat. Im sorry but WAR has been dominated by poor development making disissions from day one. They continue to do so with this "RVR patch" and every day the game becomes less and less atractive to play.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 1:59PM mandarin said

Is this a 3rd faction?

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 3:20PM Damn Dirty Ape said

No, they are basically mercenaries that either side can hire for pvp.

Posted: Nov 5th 2010 4:39AM Revrant said

I'm interested, I've always enjoyed Skaven, I hated WHO when it first arrived, it didn't feel like Warhammer to me, it felt like WoWHammer.

But, I do love myself some giant rat people, so we'll see.

Posted: Nov 9th 2010 3:27PM Amaxe said

Hmm, its been awhile since I did the pen and paper Warhammer game, so maybe things like the miniature game passed me by and made my info obsolete.

But that being said, I never thought of the Skaven as a tech using race.

Am I out of date here or is Warhammer Online getting a bit goofy?

Posted: Nov 9th 2010 4:34PM (Unverified) said

yes-yes you are out of date, the mightiest of the four greater skaven clans is built upon the construktion and selling off warpstone weaponry.

Posted: Nov 9th 2010 5:11PM Amaxe said

Ah thanks for the update. I haven't played the pen/paper since the 80s but I have fond memories of it.