Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 4:19PM Space Cobra said

You know, I also heard that this was a relatively lite game. That it would be great for F2P, but not as a subscription.

The game is WELL polished, I must say. And yes, the quests are short/simple, but maybe I am tired of grinding for hours on end for one or two achievements.

I am having a BLAST playing this game! But, I am an adult. I've run into a good number of adults, too, from Dads, to college kids and they seem to like the game, too. Maybe if the price were cheaper per month or some limited trial? Well, maybe in the future.

I never really zip through content in any game, but I can see how I can here. I've been building alts mainly and getting achievements before moving on. The only real concern is lack of bank space and initially limited backpack space. I am a packrat and I feel, that is what many LEGO fans are. So, in the meantime, while all my slots are full and I will play all the factions, atm, I am letting half my slots be semi-mule characters.

I also like the fact one can switch to the foreign servers: I have another 4 on the British one and am thinking about the Dutch one (although I don't speak too much Dutch).

Maybe my enthusiasm will die soon enough...a month or three, but I am really into this game atm. At least with game time cards, I can easily come back if I get tired of it and new content is added later.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 4:29PM (Unverified) said

21 years old here fan of lego (the bricks itself ) since i was born, i tried this game and still play it , yeah it does lack of some content but the content live right now is amazingly fun and netdevil (i love them) is going to push out more soon .

Lego universe is a good mmorpg atleast better than what korean crapped out of the doors and let not forget cryptic.

another note even when your are done with the current content , you can still make some of your own (property ) by creating stuff with your bricks and make them have behave with "behavior" the system is limited but im sure they are looking at how we can create more livable ,active content with the propery system.

sorry for my bad grammar .

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 4:47PM (Unverified) said

Hmmm let players purchase their minifigs and creations outside the game...So NOW they listen to the idea...Back in beta they essentially told us we were stupid when we told em they stood to make a small fortune from doing such a thing.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 10:07PM mmogaddict said

The 9.99 sub fee is too much for such a lightweight game, in all honestry you're better off playign Minecraft which offers a larger world to create in and other than the $10 one off fee is free.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 5:14AM Haldurson said

As someone who happily pays $9.99 per month or so for other MMOs, I totally agree with Phoenix_wolfsun: I don't think the content (at least as of the end of beta) justifies the price, even for the target audience. On the other hand, Minecraft is hardly a kid-friendly game. Hell, it's not (yet) what I'd even call adult-friendly, with its steep learning curve, lack of tool-tips, etc. I currently group it with the small class of games that I label as 'user-hostile'). As someone who is somewhat visually impaired (well, extremely nearsited), even with glasses, I have trouble identifying the different blocks in my inventory even with the wiki page open, which is why I've given up on it (at least until it drastically improves).

Posted: Nov 3rd 2010 6:19AM Space Cobra said

Well, in one respect, it is cheaper than most MMOs...except F2P, although, it would have been great to finally see a MMO that was completely under $10 a month (like $7.99 or $4.99), but there are employees to pay.

This game may have a good chance to go F2P sometime in the future or some other cheaper alternative.

I see lots of good, but yes, the content is lite, but it IS targeted for a different demographic than your typical older MMO players (Hell, I think someone on this site even gave a good review for Hello Kitty and I have heard that "Sara Bella" Horse-raising game for girls has surprised many folks...but I have yet to try either! ;) ).

I think if they can settle to inventory issue (and a few minor tweaks, like auto stacking some items from different stacks) and add continuously add content, this game will be pretty good in a year or so. There are so many other LEGO-owned properties and worlds they can provide and I note they will probably introduce other factions later on.

Anyway, I wasn't in Beta, so that's where I am coming from. :P Again, given the current content, I may have to eventually put the game down, but I am sorta looking forward to collecting enough bricks and building on my properties (although I know, Mindcraft does it well and needs our indy-support).

MMO Week in Review: It is your Destiny