Posted: Nov 1st 2010 11:28AM Barinthos said

It's always nice to have multiple avenues to purchase/obtain games these days. Since I live 30 miles away from the nearest game store having a way to download games I want is great.

But for me, some games are just worth buying the actual box for. So I'll still support those brick-and-mortar stores as long as I can afford to.

Posted: Nov 1st 2010 11:52AM (Unverified) said

So what about when MMOs start hitting consoles as the mainstream platform?

Posted: Nov 1st 2010 11:56AM Ocho said

My only real issue with this is this line... "Players will be allowed to install the game on one to three PCs". I have the tendency to, from time to time, wipe my hard drive and completely reinstall my OS. That usually counts as one PC per wipe. So, you're allowed to install the game three times, any more than that, and the game isn't yours anymore? If it is... no thank you... I'd much prefer to use a system like Steam where you purchase the game to your account and then it doesn't matter what PC you put it on, as long as its through your account, its good... or just still use the brick and mortar.

If there ever becomes a time when a game that I purchase becomes consumable, that it has a limited amount of playability, that it can no longer become mine... yeah... pass.

Posted: Nov 1st 2010 2:46PM ChaosInc said

• Half a heart
Or remember to unregister before you wipe it? Same ideology as losing a game disk; Do you go to the store whining for a new copy if you forgot it at a buddy's house and it gets lost? It's called "responsibility".

Windows also has a "one PC" policy. Every time I've wiped my comp I have yet to unregistered it for the new install and works fine. I'm sure they will have a safeguard for such a thing.

Posted: Nov 1st 2010 4:42PM Ocho said

Keep the insults to yourself, kid. Windows has a one PC policy, and I've NEVER had a problem reinstalling my SAME OS onto a new computer. Why? It keeps to the ONE system and doesn't give any lip about it. And I take it you always have time to "unregister" games as your motherboard fails? Same ideology as losing a game disk? Did I not say I PREFER B&M stores for that same reason? Why don't you bring some real life knowledge instead of the fantasy in your head.

Games like Spore, that after a third install simply won't let you play them anymore, with a CD or no, is completely a waste of money, especially when there are other options available that won't give you any hassle. Same goes for digital downloads, too. If your bed suddenly decided you couldn't sleep in it because you moved it into another room, does that make sense?

Its called common sense and good investment, kid. Look it up.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 6:59AM Snichy said

That would be a shame as I agree that once you buy the product, you should be able to download it as much as you want. Maybe they mean you can only have between 1 and 3 different versions of the same product linked to your account. A quick look at the FAQ on the website showed that you can easily log into your account and redownload a previously purchased game in the event of crash but doesnt mention if theres a limit.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 11:17AM Ocho said

I did react a little harshly there, and for that I do apologize, Chaos.

And Super, thats totally what I would hope, too. Having another competitor in the marketplace is always good for us gamers... just as long as they offer it so that you can re-download as many times as you need to, then like with Steam, it would definitely be acceptable.

Posted: Nov 1st 2010 3:27PM (Unverified) said

I agree with Mike. The Digital version should become attached to your Account. Not something that I have to register/unregister constantly. I see it as a ploy to get you to have to buy it more than once. The register/unregister is just a work around to a bad practice. Nothing dramatic about disliking it.

Posted: Nov 1st 2010 5:43PM postman said

yeah, i need another place to log in to play my games and tell me exactly how many hours i spent this week on X game like i need a hole in the head

sorry guys, Steam had the vast majority of market share in this ring, go play elsewhere.

Posted: Nov 1st 2010 7:19PM Unverfied B said

From a brief look at their system it's just another great piece of DRM crap that will make you loose access to all the games you buy when the company goes belly up and pulls the plug on their DRM servers. I think i'll pass...

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 1:36PM Addfwyn said

Actually, I potentially like this, just because I am in an area where i can't get a lot of the steam games via Steam (any Bioware game is not available on Steam in Japan for some reason, for instance). But it seems like I could buy them via Gamestop's digital distribution just fine, if I were so inclined.

I happen to not particularly LIKE bioware games, but if something comes out that I can't buy on Steam here, it'll be handy.