Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 9:20AM Harley Dude said

Funny thing about that picture is the burnt looking caster is showing a bug that's been around since forever. He recently suffered an electrical damage fatality and was rezzed, but he still looks all toasty lol.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 9:27AM Jef Reahard said

That's actually one of the Warmonk bosses in the Khitai 6-man dungeon. One of his casting effects is the burnt/cracked skin thing. The bug you're talking about does still exist, but this isn't an example of it.

I took this shot while dead (you can see my rez button in the upper left), and the other five members of my group continued to wail on him.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 9:38AM Runewastaken said

How is this game for solo players? I find myself always drueling over the graphics and would like to play a more serious game then WoW, and the still classic EQ. I guess I should note that I am not against grouping either so how is it for finding groups?

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 10:07AM Jef Reahard said

It's very solo friendly. 1 - 80 can be completely soloed if you wish, but you'll miss out on a few cool dungeons and gear rewards. Endgame is much grindier, but still soloable for the most part.

Imo, all the fun endgame stuff is group-related, solo faction grinding gets old in a hurry.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 12:24PM Runewastaken said

Do you have an article about the classes within Conan? As you can see in my profile http://www.rlgamer.com/viewgamer.aspx?view=Rune I am heavily into hybrid melee classes. Also my apologies not trying to wander to far off topic just interested in more information in the game.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 12:47PM Jef Reahard said

Funny you should mention that, as this Sunday I'll be kicking off a new miniseries focused on the game's classes in my Anvil of Crom column. The first entry deals with casters (the Demonologist to be exact), but I will be detailing all 12 classes over time.

Until I get the melee-centric articles done, I'll direct you to the official forums. There are a few scattered class forums out there, but most of the good info can be found on the o-boards.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 3:59PM Harley Dude said

DOH yeah I see the death notice. Good to know that bug is still in the game at least lol. Haven't played AoC since about a month after 1.05 went live. Another MMO I had high hopes for that didn't live up to the hype. /sadface

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 11:44AM Lateris said

Kudos to Craig Morrison very being open for communication through his blog, PM's, or twitter. I am looking forward to what the engine upgrade should do. I loaded test server on my PC.

Jeff I just started running those six mans. I am still convinced I can get my squishy Sin into uber gear in the expansion, I shall become a tank!! LOL. How are the six mans going for you? Have you hit some of the raids in the expansion yet?

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 12:48PM Jef Reahard said

I'd like to see a sin tank, heh, that would take some doing. I've done all the 6-mans in the Warmonk Monastery and they're pretty fun, but I've actually been playing alts a lot more lately. The endgame faction grind burned me out a little bit so I'm currently taking a break from it.

I haven't yet raided in Khitai either, lots still to do.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 2:41PM Lateris said

I hear ya! I got a little burned on the grind unless I can do it in groups which is really hard to schedule due to my random schedule of game play. I really want the tiger mount and some faction gear. I am playing in crafted cloth and have "purple" stated daggers. In the old areas I can solo to my hearts content. In the new areas I have to be strategic. I wish I could have a pet that actually did practical damage.