Posted: Oct 29th 2010 6:59PM real65rcncom said

That's nice.

They write basic info that the majority of people have figured out on their own already without SE's help.

Hey SE, how about addressing the horrible item/gear decay rate? Or the conjurer SP problem that make more than one conjurer in a party bad because they all are spamming heals, so only the first heals that land get exp while the others don't?

What other game can you go out and fight mobs for a few hours and break your weapon down to nothing in no time flat, then get charged over 100k to fix it?

Posted: Oct 29th 2010 7:27PM Ephe said

• Half a heart
ROFL. Sorry what?

I regularly have 3-5 conjs in my party and they all get solid SP. Learn to play perhaps instead of just healbotting?

100k for an item repair? Ever thought of leveling the craft, asking friends to do it or going to a crafting guild and asking someone there? That won't even cost you 5k.

Posted: Oct 29th 2010 10:47PM Birk said

Sadly, I have nothing of value to add to this conversation. I don't play FFXIV, although I would like to try it.

I found it important, however, to ask:

Tomi? Tomi...Undergallows?

-Birk

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 4:40PM JoolaPrime said

Actually, you can get almost anything fully repaired for less than 5k (in my limited experience)

The option to get a partial repair from an NPC is for those players who are in a rush to get back into the action or who really can't find a crafter to sort out the repair. But there are so many crafter's in the game there's always someone around who can do it for a fair tip.
I agree that gear damage is to high though.

Posted: Oct 29th 2010 7:10PM Anatidae said

They may have some issues with their game mechanics and interface, but the screenshot above is outstanding. If that is in-game, that is just off the hook crazy good.

Posted: Oct 29th 2010 7:16PM Minofan said

'Fraid not; that's from the cinematic series with the rather nice looking human guy, not the in-game engine.

Posted: Oct 29th 2010 7:21PM Sean D said

The screen shot above is from the cinematic. The in-game graphics are very good though.

I'm trying to get into this game, but my patience is wearing thin (for many of the reasons previously mentioned in other articles here on Massively.com). I'm not sure what SE was thinking, but I find myself logging into other MMOs even after I sit down with the intent to log into this one. I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. I hope the game improves.

Posted: Oct 29th 2010 7:34PM Ephe said

Sean,

It won't "improve". They made it clear already. The fundamental things about the game will stay as they are, they'll just add tweaks to make it more user-friendly and streamlined. If you don't like what the game has to offer right now, you probably never will.

Just find some friends who are actually enjoying their time. The community is very nice in this game. Playing it solo would make even me quit after a week.

Posted: Oct 30th 2010 12:39AM (Unverified) said

I love that SE made crafting a major part of XIV, but I have to say the crafting mini-game is disappointing... vanguards crafting is much better imo, XIV is basically spamming "standard" over and over and over, HQ's are totally random, but still somehow I'm hooked... ugggh.

Posted: Oct 30th 2010 2:32AM (Unverified) said

Crafting in FFXIV feels like having a second job, oh wait! that is only until you realize... one crafting skill isn't enough, ideally you will want 2 or 3 skills.

Posted: Oct 30th 2010 4:34AM Addfwyn said

I disagree, to me crafting was the most appealing part. Having been a longterm FFXI player, I missed the incredibly shallow crafting in most other MMOs since then. EVE's wasn't bad in system, but had a barrier to entry that made it nigh on impossible for new players to get into.

XIV, while not as good as XI's crafting yet I feel, really brought me back to why some days I could happily just sit in town all day crafting while talking to folks on my craft linkshell.

Posted: Oct 30th 2010 5:21AM hami83 said

• 1 heart
The whole job comparison for MMOs in any form is a bit dated since ALL MMOs no matter what you do in them can be considered a second job depending on opinion.

Posted: Oct 30th 2010 12:00PM Ryukan said

I have been working in the MMO playing department for 10 years now and FFXIV felt like the most boring, tedious and uninspiring "second job" I have ever had. The crafting within FFXIV is painful, I disliked it more than I disliked Aion's crafting.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories