Posted: Oct 29th 2010 7:55PM Nintendesert said

PhysX? I thought they were trying to improve performance...

Posted: Oct 29th 2010 8:52PM xBludx said

I quit playing when my guardian hit 80 last November. I wonder if the guardian changes will make it worth trying out AoC again. I don't feel like leveling another toon to 80 now.

Posted: Oct 30th 2010 6:39AM Faryon said

• 1 heart
Age of Conan: Pushing your computer temp up and players away!

Nah, just kidding (kind of). I can understand that Funcom wants to implement lua scripting and stuff, but PhysX!? Doesn't really seem like a good move if they want to improve performance of their engine.

Also: They should really do something to make leveling 20-80 less tedious. Almost all my friends who have tried this game recently have quit because they found the post-20 leveling process to be slow and boring.

Posted: Oct 30th 2010 2:04PM Pan1 said

Tedious?

A free level every 4 days? Leveling in AoC is a breeze.

Posted: Oct 30th 2010 11:21AM Hockster said

Tedious? AoC is one of the easiest leveling games ever. Normal play can have you hit 80 in a couple weeks. In many games that's one or two levels of playtime. Anyone finding leveling slow has some serious ADD issues.

Posted: Oct 30th 2010 1:03PM (Unverified) said

/signed

with xp potions which are available through different ways and the offline leveling, you can actually level a toon in 2 weeks. which is only recomended if you got at least 2 80ies - as you'd miss out the best leveling experience in the business.

Posted: Oct 30th 2010 2:12PM Jef Reahard said

Yeah, I've got a couple 80s, and four or five other toons over 50. 1-80 is definitely one of the easier level grinds on the market (comparable to WoW, honestly).

Where it starts to suck is the post-80 faction and AA grind. It's mind-numbingly slow (and built on repeatable quests which heightens the boredom), and even for someone who likes the game and gets paid to cover it, I find myself constantly rolling alts to avoid the Khitai grind.