Posted: Oct 26th 2010 4:25PM Alchemda said

This game actually launched..?!!? There was absolutely no fan fare, no hype, no media blitz pushing to the launch day.. wow, usually i catch every major mmo launch but this one snuck up on me.

Posted: Oct 26th 2010 5:48PM Floweringmind said

Beware, this game asks you to validate your personal info based off your driver license, passport or social security number.

Posted: Oct 26th 2010 7:12PM Bartlebe said

I hope you're kidding.

Posted: Oct 26th 2010 8:41PM Breadroll said

I did NOT have to do this. I purchased a box copy at Target today and the signup was typical.

As for the game, its been fun so far. I've heard the content is lacking but hopefully more worlds will be added soon, if not I'll probably refrain from subbing. The minigames are pretty cool, It seems like it would be quite easy to set up some pvp/competitive type minigames, hopefully they implement something like that in the future.

Posted: Oct 26th 2010 8:47PM Floweringmind said

It looks like it asks but doesn't demand it at this point. Just a big VALIDATE when you are in your account manager.

Posted: Oct 26th 2010 9:42PM Breadroll said

My bad, you're right, I hadn't looked much in account management. What is the benefit of being verified?

Posted: Oct 27th 2010 2:12AM (Unverified) said

Probably to prove your an adult giving the account to a kid or for that added security.

Posted: Nov 1st 2010 6:52PM (Unverified) said

Check out Lunibook.com for mission, achievement and item info for Lego Universe.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 4:06PM Space Cobra said

You know, at the moment I am REALLY hooked on this game!

I can see maybe I'd get bored, but can't see exactly when (I am sure to hit the limited worlds wall at one point). I am playing other characters, too.

But one thing that does prevent me from going full-bore-tilt into playing is no bank space and initially limited backpack space. Yeah, I know one can get more space or I should sell whatever I don't need, but I fall into the "packrat" convention of gaming and I think this would hurt many kids that are packrats, too.

Until then, I am trying to use mules. :p