Posted: Oct 25th 2010 4:31PM mifuneseven said

Thanks for the information. As one of the new people who just picked up the game, every little bit of information helps.

As a side note: I just started Guild Wars based on your articles and a desire to see the lore before Guild Wars 2 gets here. Thank you, I am really enjoying this game and am amazed that I overlooked it for all these years!

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 6:45PM Monkey D Luffy said

I gotta say, I'm liking the GW Halloween event more than the Final Fantasy XI and WoW ones.

I absolutely love the moon and decorations, and I have lol'd more than once at what the NPC's have been saying.

Dare I say it's the best?

Posted: Oct 26th 2010 2:23AM Jeromai said

I tried the Costume Brawl for the first time this year and I am hopelessly addicted to it. It was as bad as rollerbeetle racing a couple years ago. Part of the appeal is the sheer random nature of the teams.

As a casual carebear for the greater part of my time in GW (getting roflstomped repeatedly by guilds with ventrilo coordination and sick builds is not exactly my idea of great gaming relaxation), it's nice to have a playing field where everyone's builds are limited to the same skillset and some control points to have extra objectives to fight over.

The random nature of the Costume Brawl teams means you can easily shrug off a loss, each game is different, it never becomes hopelessly easy because you're leeching off a super-coordinated team (and hopelessly annoying for the other parties facing you).

It becomes fun to see how different groups spontaneously cooperate or disintegrate. I'd say I'm more or less average.

Been part of teams that got wiped, mostly because no one could figure out how to regroup or travel together, or because morale plummeted and /resigns followed shortly after. Been part of teams that were on the other end, either a coordinated roiling mass of 5 that ground the other team into the dirt, or coordinated groups of 2-3 that would form up long enough to destroy the other teams' 1-2 people, break apart to capture points, and repeat.

And had some fabulously close fights of 18-20 or 19-20 where both teams were very closely matched, on both winning and losing ends.

I've never scored so many Zaishen keys (converted Balthazar faction) or Trick-or-Treat bags in such a short time before either.

Posted: Oct 26th 2010 5:23AM (Unverified) said

Excellent stuff, as always.

Thanks, Rubi.

Posted: Oct 27th 2010 1:47PM (Unverified) said

If you accept a Halloween quest does it have to be completed during the Halloween time period ? Thanks for your help

Make My MMO: August 24 - August 30, 2014

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 6:00PM

PAX Prime 2014: ArcheAge is a go for launch!

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 5:00PM