Posted: Oct 25th 2010 12:07PM arnavdesai said

This will never happen specifically a Halo MMO because of the simple fact that Microsoft owns the complete rights to the Halo Universe and not Bungie.

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 6:58PM Arsinek said

That would be such an awesome game. Though without Bungie making it I would be a little skeptical. Microsoft grovel back to Bungie before you ruin the franchise.

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 12:10PM Qehb said

I find it hard to think about how you could make a FPS like halo into a persistent world MMO...

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 12:19PM Minnow said

Like Planetside, but more awesomer.

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 6:58PM Arsinek said

• 1 heart
Fantasy MMOer getting nervous at thought of non-fantasy fpsmmo?

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 12:18PM Huey2k2 said

A Halo MMO will never happen if Bungie is making it. MS owns the intellectual rights to Halo now so the only way it will ever happen is if they themselves make it.

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 12:36PM Unverfied B said

A shooter MMO that [potentially] doesn't suck and won't explode a few months after release? WHERE DO I SIGN UP?!?

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 12:49PM mynameisjay said

It's a nice thought but I could never see this happening. For one thing isn't Halo no longer Bungies ip? And another, Blizzards next gen mmo is going to be a completely new concept.

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 1:16PM Lt Cobalt said

No they don't own Halo, that's Microsoft, though the Bungie FPS marrying Blizzard MMO experience could yield something interesting.

Also.

BUY THE RIGHTS TO PLANETSIDE OFF SOE FOR GOD'S SAKE, DO IT, DO IT NOW.

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 1:20PM Lateris said

Isn't SOE making Planetside II?

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 1:29PM Lt Cobalt said

Who knows? Apparantly it's not important enough for them to even mention beyond a survey or something over a YEAR ago.
In my opinion it's one of the few good franchises they have, at the least one that's relatively unique, yet they are happy to make the same old F2P stuff or whatever they are doing now, rather than take advantage of a niche that still no one else has explored.

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 7:26PM Cicadymn said

Yes, confirmed by SOE's president.

Planetside Next. Hopefully he was a fan of it when it started, not when they raped and murdered it.

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 1:23PM Kalec said

While I see a lot of ppl complaining, I just can't understand why. There are a lot of MMOs out there, all a copy of the next just with added features (or missing) that they emphases to make them look "special".

Let us imagine that they'd want to make a (what you call) "WoW Clone" they could do this quite easily: Make some major city as a quest hub, huge open expanse full of nasty covenent to kill and instanced pvp (aka ... halo multiplayer)

Leveling with talents (just like wow) and level dependent gear. Classes could vary from tank, medic, sniper, pure dps ... to Rambo (master chief wanabe)

There you have an mmo ... big deal. Who would buy it ? Halo fanboys anyone ?

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 1:57PM (Unverified) said

why does every IP that already exists need the mmo makeover treatment?
i think im going to buy the rights to cheese on toast just in case. . .
i could make a mint if bungie/soe/blizzard/bioware want to make a niche title.

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 4:34PM Greg W said

Cheese is overpowered and toast needs a nerf. Otherwise, sign me up!

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 3:38PM Eamil said

Bungie was never developing the Halo MMO in the first place. Ensemble was, and they got shut down after they released Halo Wars.

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 4:49PM Daverator said

Really? They could learn / use Blizzards Customer service experience?

Last I checked (a while ago to be fair) you could not entire a ticket that was not "During an exceptionally high volume of tickets" time. An era of time I think that was defined from about 2 years ago until Mar 2012 when the world explodes.

Can someone rebuke/confirm this for me? WoW ticket times, has anyone had one answered in less than a day in the last year?

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 5:49PM Solp said

Been waiting over a week on mine. Understandable with new patch, but still, wait times are generally long. Not unexpected, though.

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 5:56PM (Unverified) said

Oh stop whining. Maybe you haven't tried any other MMO's other than WoW, but Blizzards customer service is top notch.

Example:

My account in WoW got hacked. I contacted Blizzard via email. Within 12 hours I had a response, and was notified that my account would be restored. Within another 4 hours, everything was back to normal.

In Aion my account was hacked. I contacted NCsoft. They told me to do something absolutely ridiculously insane, I did it, and I'm still waiting on word from them. That was a year ago.

If you're going to complain, complain about something other than in game ticket times taking longer than a day. They have 12 million customers, you're NOT going to be serviced for something unimportant (as in game tickets usually are) in a matter of minutes.

Posted: Oct 26th 2010 4:22AM eNTi said

apparently they love games... and hate gamers.
| 1 | 2 |