Posted: Oct 24th 2010 10:13AM (Unverified) said

played it nothing new , either way its not worth getting to end game

Posted: Oct 24th 2010 11:12AM Beau Hindman said

Curious: does that mean you played it until end game?

Beau

Posted: Oct 24th 2010 4:17PM (Unverified) said

Ahhh cant sign up for War of Angles its EU only i think. The global starts on Nov 3 i think.

http://www.warofangels.net/ global

http://warofangels.gamigo.com/ eu

Posted: Oct 24th 2010 11:16AM Pingles said

I am intrigued by the graphical concessions made to raise the scale of PvP.

They have a fixed-camera, isometric graphical view with minimalist player models so that hundreds of players can battle on the screen at once without making the experience a slideshow.

If they tweak it to maximize the flow of action they could do some amazing things with PvP that we haven't seen in a while.

I think it would be great to put in a max-player limit based on your level. So that you don't end up with a Warhammer model of the most fun being in the lower levels.

Posted: Oct 24th 2010 11:21AM Beau Hindman said

I forgot to note: as I PvPed, I noticed all of us were knocked up to level 20. I wonder how that works in later levels? I did want to say that, while the lag isn't an issue, the confusion created by so many similar spells going off was more of a problem.

Still, it was a blast! lol

Beau

Posted: Oct 24th 2010 12:36PM Birk said

This made me think of Ragnarok.

Ahhh,

/reminisces

-Birk

Posted: Oct 24th 2010 2:16PM johnmatthais said

My girlfriend and I played this through parts of closed beta (on the Olympus side) and loved it. However, coming back (excited, mind you) during open beta on the Titan side was more than just a little bit of a letdown, seeing as, not only is the world tiny, its feelings of restriction feel just a bit overbearing when you realize that the Titan and Olympus sides have the exact same looks and that the only real differences between the two, seeing as the both start in the exact same place and run to the exact same people to do the exact same quests, are the color of their robes in PvP, the fact that they're two warring sides, and the slight change of scenery in Gaiyan Town (it's light for the Olympus side, and dark for the Titan side) that only exists in, well...Gaiyan Town.

Needless to say, I loved the PvP, but I just couldn't handle the fact that there was no difference in the two sides. It left me feeling letdown and wondering what hole in the lore lets the two sides coexist in Gaiyan Town but fight damned near everywhere else.

Also, more on topic, I noticed that in PvP, the fact that you're raised to level 20 doesn't change much if you're not actually level 20, because you're missing out on all the spells and spell upgrades that everyone else may have had, leaving you easily more vulnerable than others that are much higher in level than you anyways.

And off-topic again, not like I could play if I wanted to right now. Freaking Time Warner tells us over the phone that it's the modem's fault the internet keeps going out, then sends two guys over to fix it, only to fix the cable (it was also acting up) by installing a booster, and then ensure internet stability, while also screwing up our actual connection, aka, downloads are going the same speed or faster, web surfing is the same as ever, but games run like crap. Apparently making sure we have internet all the time doesn't let allow us to, you know, have our computers running a constant connection to the game server. -_- It's even more irritating when your games are taking noticeably longer to load because of it, and then cause you to freeze in place more than just once (I'm looking at you, Ragnarok!).

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 3:53PM (Unverified) said

Hey Beau. I love keeping up with your article. I also keep track of Richards over at mmorpg.com. I like the collaboration you two have done before.

Just wondering if you were going to take a look at Iris Online? I grabbed one of the closed beta keys a couple weeks back. This is the last week for this phase of beta.

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014