Posted: Oct 23rd 2010 3:45PM EgoPoisoning said

This is an excellently and engagingly written hands-on! I wish WAR saw more coverage with this level of enthusiasm.

Posted: Oct 24th 2010 1:33AM Averdrian said

Sounds great my Magus might be back in action soon.

Posted: Oct 24th 2010 4:10AM (Unverified) said

Does ot works like a scenario? i mean: you queue for it, and than find yourself teleported inside?

Posted: Oct 24th 2010 7:18AM Xpander said

@Atanor

nope, its not queued like sc's.
it happens in RvR .. like a skaven attack or something. Portals appear in each BO where u can jump in.

Posted: Oct 24th 2010 6:57PM real65rcncom said

• Half a heart
So.. a giant rat is a boss?

I'm sorry but this is why games based on things only fans of that genre can relate to make little sense and don't do well.

Looking at those rat people, it looks like the most boring boss or monster to fight ever. Seriously.. youre fighting a ... rat with a horned-skin hat.

In green mist. Or a giant four armed rat. This is exciting???

Only something a Warhammer fan could love. Looks like the most boring boss in MMO history (if thats a boss)

I think the writing is on the wall with this game. This may keep some of the people still playing paying, but its not the type of thing to keep non-Warhammer fans from rushing back overall.

Ill wait for GW2, DC Online or Tera. This just looks.. lacking as an expansion product design.

(any Warhammer fans; please do not take this as a personal attack against you, ok? thanks)

Posted: Oct 24th 2010 7:05PM Panicbutton said

I'm usually a fervent defender of Warhammer's generally positive trend in terms of development over the past 12 months. The game has improved in a great many areas in the last year and is slowly shaping up into a solid PvP focused MMO.

However, this new dungeon/instance/RvR encounter/whatever you want to call it is absolute unmitigated garbage. I've never seen such a horrible hybrid attempt at combining PvP with PvE and if it's released resembling anything like it's current format then it'll be a complete disaster.

We took nearly a full guild warband in and all 22 of us pretty much agreed that the whole experience was dreadful. They've got some critical elements of design totally wrong, the balance of PvP vs PvE is skewed too far towards PvE and as it stands the whole thing is a waste of development effort.

As I said I've been very pro-Mythic and pro-Carrie over the past 12 months but I'm starting to think this RvR pack is going to be a total shambles.

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 9:50AM (Unverified) said