Posted: Oct 22nd 2010 11:11AM Monkey D Luffy said

• Half a heart
Lol, the UI looks almost identical to WoW's.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2010 11:22AM Pewpdaddy said

Which in turn looks almost like every other MMO before it. Yea there were MMO's before WoW believe it or not.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2010 12:07PM Monkey D Luffy said

• Half a heart
@Pewpdaddy. Quit trying to defend the game with the default fanboy defense.

You're wrong.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2010 11:52AM Ocho said

If you can't beat em...

Posted: Oct 22nd 2010 12:36PM Solp said

It's like I'm watching someone quest on WoW, too. :S

Posted: Oct 22nd 2010 12:38PM Pewpdaddy said

About the only thing WoW did do for itself was the "!" just about all other aspects come from other games. It's the way of the industry, if WoW didn't have the players it has it would just be another MMO. What I don't understand is how the washed up bugger is still pulling numbers. But alas it's not like the industry has given us anything worth a crap in the passed few years. Cat will bring more folks back, not me but I'm sure the sheep will return once it drops. If they haven't already.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2010 3:50PM Faryon said

Don't really understand why the UI designer(s) chose to mimic the WoW UI... Yes, it's familiar to almost everyone, but that doesn't mean it's the best choice.. Just the simple act of moving the player and target frames to right above the actionbar(s) could have prevented the statement in the first comment (and imo made the UI more user-friendly).

Posted: Oct 23rd 2010 1:14AM Monkey D Luffy said

• 1 heart
Lol, my comment gets marked down for being right and the WoW hating troll that doesn't even know what he's talking about gets marked up.

Just goes to show ya how stupid and weak minded fanboys are.
They just can't stand someone pointing out a flaw everyone can see but won't say anything about.
(Just like religious people)

Guess after FFXIV failed they needed a new MMO to defend.

In case you don't understand, having the exact same UI as WoW is only going to lead to the game being labeled as a WoW clone.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2010 11:54AM Tom in VA said

The Eurogamer article was positive and encouraging, but it was this article the other day at 1Up that really got my attention back on this game:

"Rift: Planes of Telara is an MMO That Wants You To Go Solo"

I guess what I'm starting to like about this game, thus far, are Rift's

-- great graphics
-- gray-shaded factions
-- overall solo-friendliness

I'm still not sure about Rift, but I'm definitely more interested than I was even a few days ago.

Posted: Nov 5th 2010 11:18AM (Unverified) said

I think he was merely pointing out that WoW's UI isn't unique in that it was most likely a twist on something from EQ, or another game which was released before WoW.

WoW wasn't the first to market hence can't lay claim to making statements that any UI which comes after it using the same tried and tested MMO UI is a WoW clone...

I just think he took offense to your statement coming from the viewpoint that WoW is the only game on the market and hence any other game is just copying when infact WoW's UI isn't wholly original.