Posted: Oct 20th 2010 11:24PM EgoPoisoning said

Unfortunately, the update also brought a couple of game-breaking bugs and alterations, if the forums are any indication. I haven't been able to log in since I patched it.

Posted: Oct 20th 2010 11:45PM (Unverified) said

Preview event was fun, DX 11 graphics are a nice touch, especially ambient occlusion. Gonna run some quests now... Yeah some annoying bugs (ie: sound bug), but fun update!

Posted: Oct 21st 2010 4:25AM ShivanSwordsman said

I logged in, checked some of the new prices in the store, and logged
out. As they stated they'd do, they almost doubled the prices of the
other races, the Drow and the Warforged, rather than setting the Half
Orc and Half Elf at more suitable prices. This was pretty sad too,
because I was so close to buying Warforged, and I'd hoped they
wouldn't push through with this plan.

While the update is great (Hirelings duration pauses out of Dungeons,
HECK YEAH!), it's still a massive chore to get Turbine points in that
game, making the "fun" quotient less than stellar. It's not a bad game
mind you, but the price shift shows just how greedy and jerkarsey
they're getting. with their newfound success.

The update didn't bring a change I really, really wanted. The game has
a diminishing returns system everytime you complete a quest after you
complete it 3 times. I wanted this system removed. I know, I know,
it's picky and stupid I suppose, but that's how I feel about it. These
two conditions combined made the update pretty worthless to me. Le
sigh.

Posted: Oct 21st 2010 10:03AM silvertemplar said

@JosephCain

It took me a week to realise DDO is best played as VIP [subscriber]. Trust me, you do NOT want to be wondering whether a zone/adventure pack is "worth it" or whether a race/class is something you would enjoy and being restricted around every corner. Imagine you had to make this kind of call in WoW , it is just impossible to know until you do the content.

As a subscriber [$15 a month] you get it all "free" and 500 TP per month on top. It is quite ironic that the subscription is where the game is truly "free to play" .

The Freebie model certainly is very expensive and you WILL miss out on content because you didn't have TP or wasn't sure if it's good. As a subscriber i can run into a dungeon and decide "this sucks" and move on without feeling i wasted money somewhere.

[and yes subscribers get all the races for "free" , much cheaper to check them out that way than buying them and not using them] .

Make My MMO: September 14 - 20, 2014

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 6:00PM

Perfect Ten: Terrible, terrible MMO names

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 3:00PM

The Stream Team: Anchors away in ArcheAge!

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 1:00PM