Posted: Oct 20th 2010 11:12AM AlamoeJones said

If I had to guess I'd say that by the next expansion they do a complete graphics overhaul. Everyone says they're coming back for Cataclysm, but after that comes and goes what will be their next draw? On a game as old as WoW they could probably up the graphics (without changing the art style) in a couple years and most people would still be able to run it.

Posted: Oct 20th 2010 11:15AM (Unverified) said

This is bitter sweet. It will be nice to see WoW look prettier on my gaming rig but this makes my dreams of running it on my iPhone even more far-fetched.

Posted: Oct 20th 2010 11:34AM (Unverified) said

Best image ever.

Posted: Oct 20th 2010 11:40AM Snichy said

I was thinking the same as max. Blizzard, like all good compaines, have a long term business plan and are probably already planning the next 2 expansions so the next one will probably involve a graphics update as the main selling point, which is long overdue, and maybe a raising of the level cap to 100 with a completely new continent (I have no idea how or where as I know nothing about WoW lore!)

Posted: Oct 20th 2010 1:21PM TheJackman said

So, let's apply a bit of real-world logic to a fantasy adventure game. To the best of my knowledge, there are four continents on Azeroth. There is Northrend, Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, and, visible on the globes in Halls of Lightning, a southern continent as well.

It is depicted that Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms more or less reach from near Northrend to near this southern continent, implying that they both have large landmasses in both the northern and southern hemispheres, and thus probably make up most of the non-polar landmass of Azeroth.

It's Kezan. There are numerous islands through the sea between the Eastern Kingdoms and Kailmdor. Pandaria is supposed to be the missing continents somewhere off the western coast of Kalimdor.

And there is also the gateways like the dark portal there are some others that go to other locations!

Posted: Oct 20th 2010 6:30PM pcgneurotic said

Interesting stuff Jack. I remember a few years ago the word was that Panderans weren't official lore, that they were some kind of in-house joke or something. But since they released that Brew master mini-pet, perhaps they changed their stance? Personally, if I could make Panderan characters, I'd never play another mmo. :D

Posted: Oct 20th 2010 1:47PM Pingles said

Quit two years ago but the new ads showing Azeroth being destroyed have me intrigued. I know I'll eventually sign up for a few months to explore the old world.

Posted: Oct 20th 2010 2:20PM coercer said

I played through several Burning Crusade 5-Mans and ran quests in Northrend for hours on a HP mini 311 last night. It has an atom CPU and an ION graphics chipset. I rarely dipped below 40fps. Even if I lose 10fps that's still 30 and very playable. That computer cost about $350. I'm far from worried.

Posted: Oct 20th 2010 3:06PM dudemanjac said

I'd like to see a graphic update too. I don't see why they can't do like Eve and have graphics specifically for higher end machines.

Posted: Oct 20th 2010 3:08PM Lateris said

Are we talking a significant upgrade in the graphics? Or is it more shadow and light features such as when we saw additional DX 9 features back in the early days for water and other lighting issues. Are we going to see more texture details on avatars?

Posted: Oct 20th 2010 6:32PM paraLogiki said

I am seeing the future: Blizzard/Activation have made an agreement with Dell to offer computer/notebooks bundled with Cataclysm, pre-order now and save $300 and play Cataclysm 1 week early with your Alienware powered Desktop from Dell!

Dell stocks surge as market sees 10 million orders for Alienware desktop/notebooks.

Posted: Oct 21st 2010 6:51AM Graill440 said

Thats not the future your seeing.......your feeling the delusinal after-effect of me slapping you in the head with a 25 pound trout.

*wiggles fingers*
"You dont want to play WOW, this isnt the game you want....move along."

Posted: Oct 21st 2010 11:23AM axler said

call me when they finally make a new graphics engine >.>