Posted: Oct 22nd 2010 10:50AM (Unverified) said

My main problem is, they are taking my Favorite era in Star Wars, and continuing my favorite game series (KotOR) which I love for its deep EU based stories and Characters, and trying to sell it to people who couldn't care less about Star Wars, The EU, The old republic (era) and voice acting lol... So what they promise to bring is my idea of a dream game, but because its an MMO with 150-300 million budget it will probably last 6 months then get shutdown because of fanboy riots and poor sales.

If you want to make an indepth Iconic RPG, them give it some good graphics and box it as one, if you want an MMO give these people some damn PVP and fire the 40,000 Voice actors you employed.

Posted: Oct 28th 2010 2:09PM StClair said

Pretty much this.
I love/hate SW (see above), and IMO this game will have the same critical flaw that SWG had: it will be full of MMO players.
"You know... morons."

Posted: Oct 22nd 2010 12:31PM (Unverified) said

When this was first announced I was pretty jazzed, both because the trailer was great and because Bioware was the best in the business for RPGs. Start Wars I am meh about KOTR was good but the movies are not nearly as good as they were when I was ten.

But in the time since then Bioware is stumbling, they seem to have had their soul sucked out as soon as they were bought/merged. ME 2 and DA 2 are both steps backward from the first game to appeal to lowest common denominator console dullards. That this comes from the company who not only made uber-nerd games like Neverwinter Nights but also made tons of money off those games is super disappointing and points to TOR being not just a KOTR MMO but a very generic lowest-common-denominator MMO.

I always reserve judgment till it is released, but for now I have gone from must-buy to could care less.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2010 6:38PM (Unverified) said

I am still waiting for the day when a MMO can match the magic of Morrowind. Heck, even a single player for that matter. Till that day happens, Im keeping my thirty something ex DnD playin self out of anything that resembles WoW, i.e. games designed for 6 year olds or neurotic adult toy collectors.

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 11:52AM (Unverified) said

Lets hope it is Baldurs Gate, Dragon Age or Mass Effect as an MMO. If they get that magic into an MMO, they will have a winner on their hands. I am a bit worried as time goes on they have overshot the mark though.

With Guild Wars 2 looking very impressive, nailing the PR and being a direct competitor most likely. I am looking forward to GW2 more now than SWToR which is something that has changed mainly from PR. I only have room in my life for one MMO love affair.

What I really want to know is where is my Borderlands MMO?

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 1:22PM (Unverified) said

You talk about how Bioware is somehow deviously playing the PR machine but looking at what they do and how they do it on the PR side I get the impression that they actually do not do alot PR for TOR. They do not have to because the whole hype comes from the fanbase. Bioware has to release a new screenshot without comment and the internet is aflame with speculation and euphoria. Bioware releases a small movie and everybody and his dog watches it twice, thrice, ad nauseum.

Now if you tell me that this is exactly how Bioware plays the PR circus in a devilish master plan then I have to ask back: Do they have to start bashing their own game now so to force down the hype wave to normal level? I mean, what company in its right mind would bash their own future product just because the fanbase hypes it to heaven and back?

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 6:58PM (Unverified) said

The more they reveal about this game, the less I want to play it. The pandering is pretty ridiculous. A smuggler who relies only on his blaster flying a Corellian hunk of junk that just happens to be one of the fastest and most nimble ships in the galaxy, that comes with hidden smuggling compartments and turrets that can be controlled from either the gun itself or the cockpit, with a Wookie companion. The ship even has a little corner bench seat area with a Dejarik board. I thought emulating main characters from the films wasn't what this game was about.