Posted: Oct 19th 2010 1:29PM EvaliaMagic said

• 1 heart
...wasn't Darkfall condemned universally as one of the worst failures in MMO history? Of course there isn't a damn sequel.

Posted: Oct 19th 2010 1:32PM Jef Reahard said

Nope, it wasn't, unless by "worst failures in MMO history" you mean a successful niche title that is actively adding staff members, content, and (likely) subscribers.

Posted: Oct 21st 2010 4:09PM Oizu said

O.o

And where did you hear that from Evalia, it is a niche game, it was obviously never going out to Topple any game (it was an empty niche when it launched) and is now easily the top game in it's niche, with an ever expanding dev team, world and sub base.

Posted: Oct 19th 2010 3:58PM Aetrix said

I ask again: have they fixed the abysmal controls?

Posted: Oct 19th 2010 4:04PM Jef Reahard said

Not to be a smartass, but they weren't broken. Much different than your conventional MMO, sure, but that's the way they intended them to be as far as I know.

I'd like to see them update the quest journal so that it's not a slow-loading external web page, that was/is pretty horrific, but I'm not sure what controls your specifically referring to. Not being able to auto/quick-loot is intentional, for example.

Posted: Oct 19th 2010 4:28PM Aetrix said

I played in the open beta and for a couple of months after launch. The reason I stopped playing? The entire weapon sheathing/switching and right-click UI stuff made the game more frustrating than fun. I've been playing games for 20 years and Darkfall's controls really are the most cumbersome I've experienced.

Maybe they are working as intended. It doesn't mean what they intended was a good idea.

Posted: Oct 19th 2010 4:43PM Jef Reahard said

Yeah, I've heard a lot of people say similar things, so you're not the only one. I just got used to it after a few days, not sure why.

Posted: Oct 19th 2010 6:48PM Monkey D Luffy said

They are working on the UI for the Darkfall 2010 Xpac.

The UI has always bugged me too, that and needing a regent to cast a single spell.

Posted: Oct 19th 2010 10:21PM cray said

What about the character model animation? Have they given the characters proper hit & damage animation? They look so stiff when they cast or shoot, and they look even worse when they take damage.

The animation or lack thereof is cringingly amateurish looking.

The Daily Grind: Do you suck at MMOs?

Posted on Jul 25th 2014 8:00AM