Posted: Oct 18th 2010 5:27PM InkSix said

What's the population like for this game? Now that I have more time on my hands I wanted to get back into an MMO, and I've been debating over EQII and Aion, of which I only have low-level characters in.

And I don't need anyone coming in and bash either game just because I mentioned them, thank you.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 5:36PM (Unverified) said

the population for eq2x is pretty good, as far as i know, im always able to find a PUG

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 5:34PM Jef Reahard said

Depends whether you're asking about Live or F2P. F2P is very populated as it's free and there's currently only one server. Live is hit or miss. Antonia Bayle and Lucan D'Lere are pretty populated, but SOE also just announced (like 5 mins ago) that they're going to begin server merges in November to help the Live population.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 6:24PM Zantom said

Is there away to change classes in the game? When you betray you only get to switch to your "alternate" alignment class right? Or do they mean if you betray on a neutral class and just keep the same one?

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 8:18PM TheGreatMachine said

You get to choose which of the 2 subclasses you want to be.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 7:02PM Egobrane said

I like the update myself but I wish they'd introduce a way to put all of your bags in just one window rather than making 6 individual ones, although my biggest problem with this method is that when the screen would change sizes I'd have to reposition my bags, which doesn't happen anymore because of this last update that re-anchors them properly. A bag search-feature would be nice, it's kind of annoying when I can't find a quest charm in my inventory but otherwise I think it's perfectly fine.

Posted: Oct 20th 2010 1:31AM (Unverified) said

Look like everquest 2 might be getting decent again.. I quit over the summer mostly because my server Oasis was empty and boring/broken as hell.

Seriously every night I would get on and it would be the same people in my guild doing the same raids every night (and not with me since I was only level 70) or it would be the same people in World chat every fricking night if there was any at all most the time I saw nobody the entire time i played the last few months I was there.

Since everybody was in there tushy guild hall they never had any reason to go out side and they was all as boring as hell LEvel 80 solo people if the did go outside.

(oh and the game locked up every time I was in a group if I got one.)

The fact is I also got a level 70 ratonga wizard and the fact my spells now looked like junk did not give me hope of going back to the game.

Oh and shader model 3.0 made my green hat from frostfell turn red... ( http://i36.tinypic.com/2lkuw5y.jpg --> my wizard on the left with said hat.)

and it did not give me the performance upgrade they said it would and should have.

So I quit.... I would go weeks with outplaying the game since I found other MMos and games to play.

But now that they have merged servers and seem to be fixing spells (not the first time they made ICE spells look worse before this by removing it's transparent distortion glass like look that is seen on bottles from the ice spells this was years ago like 2008 or 2007...)

IF the game runs better since IT still runs bad even on new graphics cards and the engine is a mess I will take the water down spells. oh and if it has people in it...

Clicking to heal sound liek it makes me want to play my healer Male Ratonga I made too.... But i don't know the new final fantasy mmo is broken so I might skip it and got back to final fantasy 11...