Posted: Oct 18th 2010 9:07AM alinos said

not sure how i feel about this

I enjoyed the past elder scrolls games but i have the feeling that if they made an MMO that would basically mean no more of them for a while

And MMO's tend to gravitate to a certain path when doing that

if they were to do it i'd rather a SP game with some form a MMO-esque gameplay options

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 9:08AM Birk said

Oh please, yes. I loved Morrowind (Not so much, Oblivion). Set in in -that- continent (with Balmora, and Vivec, and Seyda Neen...man what a good game).

Make it so!

-Birk

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 9:09AM Birk said

Now that I think of it though, a lot of what made that game good was the construction kit. The mods were -unbelievable-.

However, the atmosphere of the continent was infallible. So MMO, perhaps!

-Birk

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 9:41AM Ocho said

I completely agree. Oblivion never really held my attention for long, but Morrowind was a phenominal game. If Elder Scrolls makes an MMO, I'm there.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 9:11AM (Unverified) said

I may be alone on this but...

CO-OP: YES!
MMO: NO!

Same goes for Fallout.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 9:19AM (Unverified) said

You are not alone; on both suggestions. I love to see some LAN co-op ability for each.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 9:47AM ZachDude said

I agree. This is one game I would like to see something akin to the co-op of borderlands. Make party's do quests and keep your stuff.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 11:44AM Firebreak said

Maybe a co-op where still where it runs on a server so you can just log into your game and see what your friends, who you have invited, have done. You can create a living world and what not.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 11:11AM The Other Chris said

I could see co-op working, like in Borderlands or even Red Dead Redemption.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 12:52PM alucard3000 said

Co-op in the way GW1 did it where the rpg/story part of the game you have your own maps for it and can go with who you want but still have mmo features in a hub.
In that same vein I would like to see the same happen for Deus Ex

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 9:30AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
God these rumours have been going for years now, I want TES Online last year. Co-OP? LOL who cares about that '95 stuff. BTW, there is no reason NOT to have a TES 5 and TES Online at the same time.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 9:31AM Dumac said

I'm not sure, some things are just better experienced solo, and i think Morrowind and Oblivion were those games. I can't imagine multiplayer fitting there. Maybe if there was a large change in overall gameplay (like warcraft -> wow), but then maybe i would feel its no longer the same TES... I'm just not seeing it, but i am sort of curious to see what they have come up with, if there even is an MMO.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 9:51AM Arkanaloth said

*whistles and quietly walks out of the thread*

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 9:49AM (Unverified) said

All Im sayin is that in CO-OP the game stays and plays how it is. If you go MMO, those "Living" NPCs that can be killed, like you, dislike you, have daily routines etc. Become static immortal quest vending machines. Maybe im just burned out on MMOs, but I like how interesting non-MMO worlds can be.

Also having lasting and important decisions and cause and effect is cool. You cant kill Lucas Simms in Megaton if 10,000 other people on the server need to talk to him. And what happens when you blow up Megaton? Do you see a crowd of people that havent talking to thin air? Phasing can only do so much.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 7:22PM alinos said

yeah but that individualised content still has 20 people going to the same area for the same NPC at the same time

theirs no sense of true exploration in that sense. someone didn't tell me i have to go and find the strolling merchant that i must see as he has urgent information about the incoming invaders. because theyll be a path of people on the way their to see him and another 10 people asking in chat where is Johnny atm

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 10:01AM The Other Chris said

As much as I have enjoyed TES games, I'm not sure I'd play an MMO of it. I think the setting is great, with a rich history and a huge, detailed world to explore, but unless it went through a major gameplay overhaul I don't think it would translate very well. Once the overhaul was made, it wouldn't be TES.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 10:29AM Snichy said

Do we really need another fantasy MMO?

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 10:47AM Valdur said

Even if we do not need another fantasy MMO,I won't spit on a TESmmo :p

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 2:53PM Audacious said

When we get more than one every other year that doesn't suck I'll agree with you.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 10:41AM Distaste said

This article and the one it is based off of are very misleading. Bethesda doesn't make MMO's, their sister studio Zenimax online studios lead by Matt Firor(DAOC) does. So you won't EVER see what Bethesda does with a MMO.

All the information in that post has been known for a long time. In fact there is much better information(http://www.vg247.com/2010/01/20/source-bethesdas-elder-scrolls-mmo-missed-its-2009-reveal/).

As per Bethesda's blog the reason you won't see Elder Scrolls V anytime soon is because the next game is a MMO. The reason there is a "chance" of it being a MMO is because the next game is a MMO.

Want the final reason it is an Elder Scrolls mmo? Bethesda/Zenimax doesn't have another IP to make a MMO off of. Interplay has the rights to the fallout MMO so that's out, which leaves elder scrolls.

The Stream Team: Firefall's farewell