Posted: Oct 18th 2010 12:14PM Nephilim said

I laughed at the title because I only have 3 points in my Hall of Monuments as well. Took me three tries to get into Guild Wars with the last attempt finally working. I don't have too much time to play so the sheer amount of content is daunting. That and I'm playing by myself as none of my friends want to pick it up.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 1:08PM alinos said

you should email Rubi and get her to add you to the MVOP guild there's always someone on in the alliance and people are willing to help if you need it

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 2:00PM DevilSei said

I'm in a bit of a similar bind myself. I haven't really played since it first came out, but I'm starting now. If I'm online, don't be afraid to message me, be glad to help (could use some people around to help myself, but im guildless too)
Name's " Deathbringer Seishi "

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 12:15PM arnavdesai said

While I am at 21 currently, honestly speaking I do not see myself going beyond 30 because of how brutal it for each point beyond that. For instance, to get the 3 points for a PvP title is a really really long affair & I dont honestly believe that I will be able to make it before GW2 comes out. Also, even though a lot of folks are playing its difficult to play together as everyone is out doing different things for different sections. Getting organized even within a guild is difficult. That being said I will still be playing till GW2 comes out and if nothing else I know I will get all 8 points on the Minipet collection :) over a period of time.

Posted: Oct 19th 2010 1:07PM apoguita said

indeed when i got my R6 (the one required to show the pvp monument) the only thing i did was pvp, back then i played like 8 hours a day and took me about 2 months to get it (i had an awesome team and we were used to hold halls for hours) good luck for those wanting those 3 points and are starting from 0 fame.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 12:50PM misterorff said

I came back to GW a few weeks back because I was bored with my other MMOs and forgot why I stopped playing in the first place. I was dily-dallying around until this HOM business was released. I went from 3 to 6 points in 1 weekend thanks to Rubi's posts! Thanks for helping us noobs out!

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 12:55PM Arkanaloth said

Don't forget to ID white items! Their sale value increases when you ID them.. sometimes it's not much... but other times it's a huge amount. I've had white items jump from 25g to 100g value after ID'ing them, and while such jumps are not *common* it's often enough to fund buying ID kits which removes their purchase price from your profit margin.

@Nephilim
I've been playing GW by myself for over 3 years now.. unlike other MMO's solo play doesn't limit you nearly as badly in GW. In normal mode I've HH'ed (hero / henchmen no other real people but myself) every mission in the game successfully and I've gotten masters in all but 3 or 4 of them with just me and my HH team, I've even vanquished a few areas running with just my HH team, so it can be done. After the calculator came out my wife re-gained interest in GW so I'm currently helping her get points. She's also starting out at the 3 point mark so I'm laying out a very fast track to get her up into the teens / 20's...

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 2:00PM Gemi said

This is something that I was going to come and post, but now that you've done it already I want to but extra emphasize on it:

Identify all items, including all white items, before selling them. This seriously pumps up the income from drops.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 2:30PM Sireangelus said

I had no idea you could ID white items and increase their value. That's awesome, thanks for the tip!

Posted: Oct 19th 2010 8:11AM Monkey D Luffy said

• Half a heart
"unlike other MMO's solo play doesn't limit you nearly as badly in GW"

Probably because it's not a MMO.

It's a Multiplayer / Co-op RPG.

Diablo, Two Worlds, and Phantasy Star are also not MMO's.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 12:56PM Cpuser said

From beginning to end this series of articles has been outstanding. Thanks for all the information and tips. Well done!

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 12:58PM Ocho said

The advice on picking everything up is great advice. I have played sporadically since the games release, and now, I have my longest running character... level 15. Impressive, right? :P But in my bank, I've accumulated about 35 plat from all the buying and selling of drops to vendors over time of starting new toons, deleting them, starting other ones (of course, I also had no idea that gifts were bestowed based on the lifespan of the characters... else I would never have deleted them...). But now I'm finally making a push of completing this game, albeit still slowly, but I believe that by the time GW2 drops, I will have at least accumulate some good stuff to carry over. Although it will still be possible, the last thing I will want to do is play GW1 after GW2 comes out. :)

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 1:06PM Daegalus said

Thanks for the article, this is actually very helpful in getting me started. I am glad you filled in the gap for a lot of us.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 1:18PM bylthe said

I am at 48/50 on the HOM calculator. What I need is 19 minipets to finish out for 50pts. I just not sure I can do it. People are charging out the wazoo for even first year white minipets. I know there are only a limited number of them and everyone is trying to get them. Think there is a chance prices will ever go back down on minis? I just dont see myself making it to 50. So close but yet so far.......

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 2:54PM (Unverified) said

Well, remember, you can still obtain rewards after GW2 is released. If worse comes to worse, then you will gain the lat points eventually by simply waiting for birthdays. Sure, could take a while just waiting, but it will happen. And I'm sure the prices will drop as the initial fever dies down.

Posted: Oct 19th 2010 9:32AM Irem said

A thousand thank yous! I just picked up GW and I'm really enjoying having something to do to "prepare" for GW2, but I've got a long road ahead still. These guides are really helping to mitigate the intimidation factor. :D

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 2:18PM (Unverified) said

Even though I've played GW from the start, thanks to altism and playing PvP (and other games of course) I never completely finished any of the campaigns. Decided to reinstall and start prepping for GW2 and am having a blast, GW still holds up and is a lot of fun. EotN is pretty amazing. I was feeling overwhelmed about getting to 30 or 50 with just 3 points currently (LAME) but this article made me realize it isn't a big deal. I'll just keep playing and enjoying it, try and finish the campaigns and then worry about finishing up anything I missed along the way. THANKS!

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 2:33PM Stormwaltz said

The title pretty much summed up me inner monologue for the last week. :)

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 2:42PM (Unverified) said

I am so clueless when it comes to this game. This is part of the reason I never stuck with it. Think my highest character is 8.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 3:05PM (Unverified) said

Thanks for this. While I do have 16 points at the moment 30 seems so far away. It is always good to be reminded that I am not the only one :-)