Posted: Oct 16th 2010 4:37PM wagonfactor said

great read. ive been playing WAR off and on since day. i had chosen to play the zealot through reading articles and whatnot before the game was released. this is the only game and character i have actually picked and stayed with. since i leveld so long ago, i pretty much leveld only in pve. the zealot is alot of fun to play and the game has alot of really cool stuff to see and do. while im not active at the moment, i always look forward to reactivating and rvr'ing with my zealot. pvp in this game, especially as a healer, is an absolute blast.

xyrous - rr59 zealot - badlands :)

Posted: Oct 16th 2010 5:55PM Chambers said

Greg these posts are so much better than some of the older stuff you have done. I know that you waxed a little about struggling to find somthing positive to write about the game, and I myself never left tier 2 when i played at launch but i DID enjoy the game a fair bit at the time and reading stuff like this makes me want to play more.

keep it up, much better read!

Posted: Oct 17th 2010 10:07PM Greg W said

Chambers,

Thanks for reading!

Posted: Oct 16th 2010 5:58PM eNTi said

pvp healer... i've played a priest of sigmar. it's essentially a one-button-smashing class, with one or two spells thrown into every other minute. boring and stupid as hell, as well as almost overpowered in every respect.

Posted: Oct 16th 2010 6:59PM drakon said

While T1 is a blast, it's more of an FPS than an MMO with all of the trial accounts (myself included).

When I did play for 8 months starting at release, my best memories of the game were in T2 and T3. Most everyone is on the same playing field. T1 is full of twinks and T4 is where the grind starts. But T2 and T3 were a fantastic experience when there was enough players on both sides. Sadly it didn't always work out like that. But what I found is if you managed to find at least one other person to start a warband, then people quickly followed.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 1:22AM (Unverified) said

I have played WAR off and on since launch. I wish T4 was as much fun as T2 or T3. Perhaps that is why I have left the game twice; and why I'm thinking of starting again.

Posted: Oct 16th 2010 7:15PM Taawa said

It's amazing how many zealots persist in the game. So many of us at 80 continue to play.

Posted: Oct 16th 2010 10:40PM Darkjoy said

I think a large part of that is simply due to the look and feel of the class. Let's face it a crazy dude with a cowl wielding a skull in one hand and a knife in the other is just simply bad-ass.

Posted: Oct 17th 2010 12:12AM Stellar25 said

How much has the class changed since launch? I played a Zealot at launch but felt the "trees" etc needed to be adjusted.

My frustration with healing in RvR could have been with the massive amounts of AOE I had to heal through at the time. Has that changed?

Posted: Oct 17th 2010 10:04PM Greg W said

Stellar,

I'm still fresh with my healer moving into tier 4. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for how it feels to heal through AoE damage and if it becomes a real issue, I'll mention it when I close the Chaotic Zeal series.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 1:52AM oGGe said

This new ability is new:

* Rune of Breaking: This new toggled ability is available at Rank 1. While toggled off, this ability converts several damage-oriented stats on items (Intelligence, Magic Power, and Magic Crit Chance) into their healing-oriented counterparts (Willpower, Healing Power, and Healing Crit Chance) at 50% of the original values. When toggled on, it will do the opposite, and convert the same healing-oriented stats on gear into their damage-oriented counterparts at 50% of the original values.

Posted: Oct 17th 2010 8:01PM Joshua Przygocki said

Alright... I want to resub to WAR.

I'M SO BORED WAITING ON RIFT!!!!

So should I just start from level 1?

Leveling seemed to be the best thing about WAR since the endgame was lacking when I played...

Destro FTW, should I pick Badlands or Gorfang as a server?

Posted: Oct 17th 2010 10:06PM Greg W said

Joshua,

I can't speak for Gorfang, but I have had experience playing Destruction side on Badlands, and I can say with confidence that the activity there has not yet disappointed me.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 4:16AM (Unverified) said

Greg, I just have to stress this: To be able to fully evaluate the Zealot class, in the end, you need to be able to get at least a few sets and mix/match to get some survivability because otherwise you will be hit with some staggering issues; Defenses, CC and AP. The zealot shines in pure healing output from the very start, but we need to compete much harder against shamans and doks in terms of being survivable. As you might've seen me post in the Healer subforum knowing the battlefield is the key to surviving as a zealot, and that is not based on skill but on practice. I am just afraid that the issues regarding that might give you a skewed view on the class, simply because of the issues with entering t4 (which is an article in itself) and as such I beg you, as someone who has played Zealot since the release of the class, split t4 in two or more parts.

Posted: Oct 18th 2010 9:35AM (Unverified) said

I completely agree that CC and AP might be some of the Zealot's biggest faults, especially at lower ranks. But a good head on your shoulders, being aware of your surroundings and using your Detaunt and Embrace the Warp wisely go a long way to upping your survivability.

I've played a Zealot for about two years now and I'm absolutely in love with it. I'm glad to find so many others that share this feeling.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014