Posted: Oct 15th 2010 4:13PM Arkanaloth said

going for oppressor weapons myself, I've finished the War in Kryta so I can just grind through the White Mantle bounties until I have enough. The price point on destroyer weapons has gone up far far too high to make it worth it IMO, glad I got my destroyer staff when I did...

As for tormented weapons, 20 - 25 ecto hurts since I'm saving up for an obsidian set, however I did run a part of DOA with a friend of mine earlier this week and it wasn't toooo terrible really, but we did go in with 4 DiscordWay necromancers heroes, me running discord team lead, him running SoS, with his Zandra hero running a damage mitigation Rit. Add to that we were in the same room so coordination and communication was easy. It was surprisingly easy honestly, so we're considering farming out an Armbrace for me (he already has his tormented weapon)

Posted: Oct 15th 2010 8:38PM (Unverified) said

Xandra.

Posted: Oct 15th 2010 4:20PM Askgar said

The only problem is they've just REMOVED the Keep Gate Guard so its now impossible to do the WiK stuff...

I don't know whats going on with it but I guess we'll find out soon (probably related to haloween).

Posted: Oct 15th 2010 4:39PM Arkanaloth said

yeah.. just found that out myself, I only need one more point to ding 30 points in the GW2 reward calculator.. anything after to I get or I don't, but I want 30 points. Going to farm for obsidian armor since I can't grind the mantle for a bit...

Posted: Oct 15th 2010 5:01PM Arkanaloth said

was a bug... fixed now.

Posted: Oct 15th 2010 5:06PM mttgamer said

i cant test this in game, because im nowhere near the WiK stuff but according to the 2nd update they fixed the glitch:
"Fixed a bug that prevented access to Lion's Arch Keep."

Just FYI :)

Posted: Nov 2nd 2010 6:42PM (Unverified) said

I would recommend against using trade contracts for diamonds. For the same number of contracts you can get a ruby or a sapphire, which is worth 5-10x as much to the rare material trader (depending on market fluctuations). Thus a single sapphire or ruby will get you much closer to getting 10 diamonds than trading contracts for diamonds.

Yes, diamonds are not always available on the rare material trader, but be patient and check every time you're in town. You'll get them eventually, and much more cheaply if you use contracts to get the high value gems and sell them for the cash to buy diamonds. It only took me a couple of days to purchase the diamonds I needed from the trader and got my destroyer axe -- now I just need to build my cash reserves back up :P

Posted: Nov 20th 2010 1:18AM Poki3 said

Even though the traders are sold out, just move your camera around and have the trader on the side of the screen and keep clicking him to refresh the window.
See an Onyx or Diamond? BUY IT FAST.
Rinse, repeat. I did that. Note that you may be looking at close to 100k per weapon if you're doing this.

Make My MMO: November 16 - 22, 2014