Posted: Oct 15th 2010 8:33PM (Unverified) said

I like how when Patrick Wyatt says something, the title heading ends up being "TERA's Patrick Wyatt" but when Brian Knox says something, it's "En Masse's Brian Knox". I'm onto you Massively!!

Posted: Oct 15th 2010 8:59PM Ivasen said

I don't like hearing things come out of Brian Knox's face. It misleads people.

Posted: Oct 15th 2010 9:49PM Somnicide said

Eh, Knox is OK when he isnt a puppet of NCSoft Korea. From my speakings with him at least. Although he does make me wary.

Posted: Oct 15th 2010 11:34PM Ivasen said

I do also notice that he said they had to change the armor for Slayers, but he said devs.

Who exactly made this change? He didn't go into specifics and this is what I want.

Did En Masse change it on their own whim? Or did they just relay the information back to Bluehole and they agreed?

I know En Masse has to be doing something other than translating text, but they aren't showing us exactly how much different it will be from the original. Maybe they can make a before and after posting on their forums to give us a look.

Posted: Oct 16th 2010 12:03AM Somnicide said

EM was given the express permission to change whatever they deem necessary (and feasible within time constraints) to make they game attractive to western audiences. Bluehole does the actual changes, but EM makes the decisions in that regard. BHS really isnt joking when it comes to this, they consider EM's opinion at the highest degree, otherwise they wouldnt have spent so much money enlisting an entirely new western company in seattle to spearhead westernization.

Both BHS and EM live or die based on how well TERA does. They have nothing else to fall back on. Its safe to say they are taking it seriously.

Posted: Oct 16th 2010 1:53AM mattward1979 said

80's Metal band?! They are still going strong!

World Painted Blood was released in 2009 =P

Slight digression from the game discussion, but hey, Im a metaller...

Posted: Oct 16th 2010 2:01AM Its Utakata stupid said

*Pokes!*

No...this Slayer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slayers

...so don't piss off Lina Inverse.