Posted: Oct 13th 2010 4:29PM arnavdesai said

Getting 18 points here is super lengthy time wise and I doubt I will hit it before GW2 comes out even though its safe to say GW2 is a year out. Vanquishing is something I would recommend and if you can get one more person and both of you have heroes, then a 2 man Discord Way will allow you to get things done in a jiffy. I vanquished Cantha with only heroes and henchies & I was able to vanquish most of Elona except the Sulfurous wastes where groups generally are large and sometimes there are 4 rezzers so one more person there would really help. Its slow going for sure but is fun IMO.

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 4:45PM Arkanaloth said

if you've finished eye of the north and can run hardmode I have a tip for getting legendary survivor.

The worms outside of Boreal Station, assuming you can solo them, give about 350+ XP, use an XP scroll and solo (no heroes or henchmen) the worms in that area. There are ten worms, they don't have ranged attack, so just stay out of melee and it's 100% safe.

The easiest build to do this with is SoS Rit, hit www.pvxwiki.com to check out the build. I had to modify it a bit for my paragon but once I found the right mix of skills I was able to grind legendary survivor in less than a week.

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 5:38PM alinos said

i think kilroys probs still wins out since barring any connection issues you shouldn't be able to die

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 6:03PM Arkanaloth said

Kilroy's is a bit of a tossup... it's faster XP but it is possible to die there. When I ran kilroy's the first time I failed it and it counted as a death, but I've heard from other people that it didn't for them... so when I was leveling my paragon for legendary survivor I determined that I wanted a 0% chance of death or as close as I could get to it.

In the worm run it's flat out impossible to die unless you're standing wayyy too close to a worm & wearing starter armor or standing far too close to a worm and get DC'd. The worm pop-up locations are not random, they have a set spot and it doesn't take long to know where you can and cannot stand. Once you get used to the worm run you can use the best XP scroll and get around 900+ xp per kill a single run takes about 5 - 10 minutes depending on your kill speed.

Posted: Oct 14th 2010 12:57AM Meagen said

Yes, failing the dungeon (Defeat!) counts as a death. It's just that you don't immediately fail and die as soon as you run out of HP - you go into a "knocked down" state from which you can "stand up!" within 10 seconds by spamming the slot 8 skill. If you don't think you can stand up before the 10 seconds are over, open your map and zone back to the outpost - if you manage to do that before the 10 seconds are over, you don't get a death on your counter.

Posted: Oct 14th 2010 8:45AM Arkanaloth said

That explains it...

I noticed in Kilroy's the more times you get KO'd the harder it is to get back up.... think I'll stick with the worms. 0% chance of death beats anything else anyday.

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 6:30PM Berzerk said

The PVP titles are: Champion, Commander, Gladiator, Hero, and Codex. The Gamer title does not count.

I am pretty horrible at PVP, but here's what I do know:

Champion (GvG) requires 100 points, but you need a PVP guild to even consider it (with a rank of >1200).

Gladiator (Random Arena) and Codex (Codex Arena) require 400 points, but you have to win 5 matches in a row to score any points. This can be very tedious and frustrating if you're not good, but once you get the hang of it, and get good allies, you can rack up points pretty quick. I've succeeded in the Random Arena a few times by watching other successful players and matching their builds.

Hero (Hero's Ascent) requires 180 points. You get points for every win, but you're likely to be playing against very skilled enemy teams. Being said, if you can get on a good team for one good run, you can get the title with 13 consecutive wins.

Commander (Hero Battles) is retired, and you can't earn points for it any more.

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 10:32PM arnavdesai said

According to the Rewards Website Zaishen counts as a PvP title & although tedious and long does allow you to get a PvP title via PvE stuff.

Posted: Oct 14th 2010 8:22AM NyttyN said

It's eighteen points, actually. Not fifteen. That aside, this is a pretty epic undergoing, and thanks for making a article for lazeh people like me :D

Posted: Oct 25th 2010 5:34PM (Unverified) said

If going the Zaishen Key route, make sure you get the 2000 Balthazar faction from the Training Arenas as often as possible. The 24-hour limit can be reached in about 15-30 minutes of actual playing time and is equivalent to 200 Copper Zaishen Coins in terms of Key purchasing power... which makes it MUCH faster than the Coins.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM