Posted: Oct 13th 2010 9:33AM GeneralStobo said

Probably going to have to check this out once it goes F2P. I always loved naval combat.

Skies of Arcadia anyone? (yes I know this game is nothing like that)

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 9:55AM Skyydragonn said

I've been wanting to check this game out for a while now, i might actually try it no once its F2P. Which is odd becuase i normally prefer subscription models over F2P

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 10:56AM madcartoonist said

I think wanting to use F2P to try something out is the main point of a game switching to that model. Once it goes F2P everyone had no reason not to at least look at the game and play around with in. Then if it is good enough you end up either paying a lot in the store or paying a subscription. F2P is more like an extended trial system. Personally I think this is a good thing.

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 9:57AM Birk said

Oh those SOE folks. So modest!

-Birk

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 9:58AM benfolds said

I'm looking forward to checking this out as well. I do wonder about Beau's take on POTBS VS Uncharted Waters Online and how they stack up against each other. First impression is that the graphics of POTBS would be better.

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 10:27AM Beau Hindman said

I've played both games (playing UWO right now) and have to say that they are pretty different, stylistically and systems-wise. I haven't made it very far in either, yet, but those both scratch a certain itch.

PotBS never quite got the cred it should have, though -- it IS incredible looking and runs beautifully. If I had more time to dedicate to one game, this would be it. If it goes FTP then maybe it will pick up some more people.

Beau

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 10:04AM Ragemore said

Has anyone seen a Date on when F2P will start?

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 10:18AM Tazmanyak said

I use to check soe official announces, potbs forums, and i didnt find the info ...
So yes, same question!
Does anybody know, please? ^^

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 10:45AM benfolds said

Thanks for the reply Beau!

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 11:13AM (Unverified) said

I personally like PotBS quite a bit. Hopefully the FTP model will look more like the DDO and less like the EQ2. Looking at the chart for sub plans for EQ2 seems as if it were something Bernie Madoff dreamed up. SOE's own little ponzi scheme...

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 11:41AM (Unverified) said

That was my thought when I first saw this as well. If they go for the same type of 'F2P' model as EQ2X, I won't even bother downloading. If they go for something a bit more open or more like Turbine then I might give it a shot.

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 12:02PM benfolds said

I agree with the EQ2 comment, that was pretty strange to me. I do think that POTBS will go in a different direction, more like Turbines model. The EQ2 model just looked crazy when put against the Turbine model.

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 11:36AM alucard3000 said

As far as when all I know is that they said they will give a heads up 30 days prior at least thats what i hear from players in game.Anyone that wants to get in and try it sooner with a 30 day no trial limitations trial go here for info on how http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1054005

Posted: Nov 14th 2010 10:04PM (Unverified) said

Dont wait for F2P! As a community volunteer I was given a few free unrestricted game play cards. the key code is boardingparty37 and it gives u 30 days unlimited game play Im not sure how many I have left, they gave me 500 or so back in the day and I gave alot of them out. Check it out