Posted: Oct 12th 2010 6:26PM (Unverified) said

I really miss AC. I just wish they would take that game (gameplay, magic system, and all) and give it a new engine (say like LOTRO). I would pay for that in a heartbeat. I still couldn't believe that after 5 years of not being on that game that my brother and I contacted turbine and (for a small fee) they were able to look up our old MSN accounts and transfer them to a new turbin account. We logged in and BAM... there was my lvl 94 Xbow and my bro's lvl 126 archer. Sadly our houses were gone... long gone... but if was fun to play around in there and hey....it ran like a dream on my laptop...lol

Posted: Oct 12th 2010 7:44PM (Unverified) said

Another memorable thing that I didn't mention before: Every time I watch an episode of Doctor Who or warp between levels in Bejeweled 2 I think of being stuck on AC portal space. It brings me warm fuzzies.

I may just have to play AC again soon ;)

Posted: Oct 12th 2010 9:21PM jenosidhe said

My most memorable moment of that game was that my dial up, 28k, would cut out and drop me randomly. If i happened to be running, my character would run in that direction infinitely until i logged in, or it disconnected me sometimes 5 minutes later. If i died on the way, there was no waypoint or map, or any clue where you died, i would have to look at my surroundings and try to follow the path my character did so i could get my stuff back, (you dropped items when you died and they would decay if you didnt find them). Had an awesome chainmail hauberk i didnt want to lose that always seemed to drop when i died.

I was outside teth when this happened, i spent 5 hours looking for my body and couldnt find it. aksed everyone around town if they had seen it, and noone had. Gave up finally and wrote it off. Two days later i log in, and there is a guy who trades me my stuff back and asks for nothing in return. He saw my messages asking, then happened to see my body while hunting, then camped my corpse until it decayed so he could pick up the items. He camped it and hunted for about 4 hours waiting.

It was unbelievable someone would do that for a stranger in a game, but he did, and things like that werent uncommon at all.

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 8:25AM (Unverified) said

I miss the game.. Still only MMO to this day that has even interested me for more then a couple days with the exception of DAoC... The ability to raise your jump skill and run as high as you want... priceless. Miss the days of being on Darktide and jumping rooftops and running around sniping as a archer...

Posted: Oct 15th 2010 2:01AM (Unverified) said

Oh how I long to go back to Dereth. Sometimes I wish I could go back and freeze time.

Posted: Oct 26th 2010 3:48PM Greenimp said

I'll echo what other's have said - the memories I have of living in this game world are unrivaled by any modern MMO.

There was such a feeling of excitement and exhilaration to be had from running across the world, exploring new caves, fighting your way into a mob-controlled fort to get access to that chest that might contain a "113 bow." Which, for those who don't know, was one of the most coveted weapons back in the early stages of the game.

What made it even more exciting is that even if you found a bow, you had no idea what the modifier on it was because you likely couldn't ID it. You'd have to come back to a town and hope to find that rare person with an ID skill high enough to check it for you.

Ahh the memories.... How I miss hunting Olthoi in my Mattekar Robe in the depths of a dungeon on the far side of Dereth.

WoW Archivist: A Glyphmas story