Posted: Oct 12th 2010 3:07PM AlluvianEstEndrati said

• 1 heart
Even with the release pushed back, it sounds like a lot is being cut to make launch. Light manipulation powers gone? That is a darn shame, I loved the earlier videos that were shown off with this particular powerset. At least certain things (wind, etc.) have gotten folded in under nature/weather control it seems.

Posted: Oct 12th 2010 3:17PM VSpeck said

Light Powers gone? More like removed so they can sell you a Blackest Night expansion with brand new Light Powers.

Posted: Oct 12th 2010 6:29PM Misanthrope said

I'm pretty damn sure they're holding onto them to coincide with the green lantern movie at this point. I just hope we get some new powers before then.

Posted: Oct 12th 2010 3:48PM CCon99 said

The Q&A also confirmed that PC and PS3 will not be on the same servers.

Posted: Oct 12th 2010 4:15PM Snichy said

We knew that before the Q&A.

Posted: Oct 12th 2010 4:52PM Its Utakata stupid said

Correction Super Healer: Some already knew that before Q&A.

Posted: Oct 12th 2010 4:20PM Snichy said

It all sounds very exciting and right up my street. But then I think back to the gameplay videos I have seen and get a bit worried! I hope the videos I have seen are misleading and not indicative of the game. Fingers crossed!

Still no pre-order bonuses for the UK? That had also better change before release!

Posted: Oct 12th 2010 4:33PM VSpeck said

I hear ya about those gameplay videos. Ouch. But I've always found that MMO combat looks terrible in videos. It's always much better when you actually play it. Still though it DOES look BAD in the video.

Posted: Oct 12th 2010 4:34PM (Unverified) said

1) Better they cut things like light powers now so as to get the game right and so as to not over clutter creation.

2) "So raids will consist of eight players, Cao said -- two groups of four."

Absolutely Fantastic!!!

I am so tired of oversized raids that take forever to fill, forever to cordinate, are require bringing in mismatched personalities alot of times just to fill up.

Hopefully more MMOs follow this direction and severely drop max raid sizes.

A raid group should just be approximately 2 normal groups combined and no bigger.

Posted: Oct 12th 2010 4:51PM breezer said

• Half a heart
As far as power sets, can I choose nothing and be batman?

DC blows.

Posted: Oct 12th 2010 6:30PM Misanthrope said

You can choose the "gadgets" powerset which is based on Batman with a variety of bombs, gizmos, beams and trinkets.

Posted: Oct 12th 2010 5:18PM Its Utakata stupid said

Actually my only really big complaint about the costume/character creator is there should be more sliders for body/body part options other than colors. Or if that creates too much technical issues with their consol friendly mechanics, have a bit more body size options and variety at the start.

I did note that their character creator has more similarities with World of Warcraft than either CoH or CO. I suspect this is because they'll have an easier time making gear that would adjust properly being only limited types of body types. So clipping issues would be kept at a minimal for example.

Thus I agree with their decision, only if they introduce a few more body types so their is at least a bit more variety. Not too much, because they'll have an issue of designing gazillions of gear to match all body types. So say, let's start off with 6 to 8 for both males and females instead of the three at release. And add more later if possible.

Also: Since it appears Massivley are a bit too possessive to put this in their article, but http://www.dcuosource.com/ has some great footage of the Q&A particulars.

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 12:39PM (Unverified) said

I went to both Q&A's this weekend and got my hands on the demo and I can tell you that it is amazing game. I hear everyone complaining about the video's they've seen, but they don't do the game justice at all. The game is already amazing and will be more than ready at launch.

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 9:07AM (Unverified) said

Still no official forum?
No pre-order bonuses outside NA?
Content cut from launch?
No sense of community, or interaction with the devs?

It's STO all over again.