Posted: Oct 11th 2010 10:05AM Ozewa said

So basically they're looking to filter emotion driven data into something that they can translate so that the developers of the game can read?
I can respect that, but I hope its not just gonna be a bunch of yes/no radio buttons and a comment box that isn't actually large enough to say anything.
Then they're just going to disregard what the general consensus is going to be, and do something else entirely anyway, cause everybody is just gonna ask to be able to flag/deflag themselves for PVP which will somehow get mistranslated into "Let us carry flags in PVP" which will spawn some hideously fun CTF games but not help anybody at all and then Aion will close two of its final four servers here in the states right as dungeon siege 3 and phantasy star online 2 are launching and then some time later in the year guild wars 2 will launch and everybody left playing Aion will migrate to that and make one of those alien looking little people and cast magic spells at eachother in a much more satisfying pvp experience before eventually resubscribing to world of warcraft.

Posted: Oct 11th 2010 10:11AM ElfLove said

Oh great. >_<

"Whaaaa I want my ability to gank players 25 levels belowww me backkkk!"

No one used rifting as it was meant to be used. I really don't know a single person who ever rifted and fought someone at there own level. It was used for ganking and greifing newbies and nothing else.

Nefing it to oblivion was the best thing they ever did to it.

If they bring it back they may lose everything (and everyone) that they've gained with 2.0.

Tread very carefully on this one NCSoft....very carefully. Catering to greifers might just spell doom for this lovely game.

Posted: Oct 11th 2010 12:37PM TheRealStupid said

I'm a casual player of Aion. My highest level character is level 35. I have never rifted offensively, but have been the victim of many rifters.

Without rifting the PvE game is _BORING_!!!

I really miss the excitement of never knowing when an enemy player was going to pop over the hill or around a corner and try to gank me. Yes, sometimes they were overpowered, twinked and overleveled. When that happened, I just moved to a different area. But without those rifters to add some flavor to the game, I'd rather play Dragon Age.

Some of my favorite memories of Aion are when a rifter would jump me and I would kill them. Or when I would spot them running across the map and join the chase after them.

I feel bad for the people who were chain ganked when rifting was active, but whenever I hear about that happening, I always think of the old adage: Kill me once, shame on you; kill me twice, shame on ME. There are plenty of areas where there are no rifters, including logging out for an hour.

Posted: Oct 11th 2010 11:22PM Dblade said

There are not plenty of areas with no rifters. There was one area per faction you could gain exp without rifts, and the zones in the others were small enough where you would run into them fairly often. If you were asmodean you always would: a lot of the players that miss rifting were the Elyos ones.

It gets old. It's not even about the nerfs-before the nerfs a ton of servers were essentially Elyos PvE servers because most of the asmos got tired of being beat on. They had to kill rifting because new asmo players would be spawn-camped if they even tried to level on all but one of the servers.

Posted: Oct 11th 2010 11:08AM Kitsune23 said

You do practically nothing about the pathetic rate of XP gain and loot drops for almost a year, but take away someone's ability to grief other players and your right on top of looking for solutions? Well played NCSoft.

Posted: Oct 11th 2010 8:00PM M1sterLee said

"we want to get actionable data that isn't emotion-driven"

...and they're asking MMO players? LOOOOOL!!

:oP

Posted: Oct 11th 2010 10:27PM (Unverified) said

**NCsoft introduces major changes in their game intended to fix PvP**

**revenues drop by 50% in all regions**

Shareholders: "Um, why did you do that..?"

^ that's why they (= NC West) are going to use a survey

It seems that currently, the client is the exact same for all regions (other than language localization and the use of Gameguard™), the only difference is single-variable settings in the server stack such as the soul healing cost or drop rates. Certain changes would need to involve game systems and UI used in all regions, including Korea.

Posted: Oct 12th 2010 1:57PM (Unverified) said

Actually, the market share of Aion has increased by 20% since the last 2.0 patch. See http://www.xfire.com/genre/mmo/massively_multiplayer_online/ where now players play 6% of the mmo market, compared to 3/4% is was before the 2.0 patch.

Posted: Oct 12th 2010 5:48PM (Unverified) said

I love that they are actually parsing feedback for this, and I love how it was flat out admitted they went from one extreme to the other.

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of options we're given based on the player feedback and the interactions with the community team.

I loved everything about the concept of Aion, from the storyline to the dynamics that were different. Including rifting. Yes it was flawed, but it takes flawed players to make PVP dynamic a problem. Rifting is why I, as a FPS gamer came to Aion in the first place. You still have the deathmatch dynamic with it, but in MMORPG the developers are more inclined to fix problems than they are in FPS.

I never saw anyone from RSE, CRYsoft, or any other FPS producer patch wall glitches or known hacks, yet SquareEnix, Blizzard, and NC are still continuously parsing feedback and fixing their producs.

Big +1 to NC for this.

Posted: Oct 13th 2010 5:43AM (Unverified) said

Rifting is part of the game - it includes quests and also earning AP awards. I myself and my clan mates have repeatedly come under heavily armed gang of players of the opposing faction. In the current situation prevents the gang very much a player who only just starting to play and do not have enough weapons and armor -, respectively, would do well to protect them from sudden attacks - and the rest of rifting VERY IMPORTANT part of the game can not live without!

Posted: Oct 19th 2010 8:22AM (Unverified) said

Rifting was totally abused left right and center. The nerf was the best thing they ever did and I really hope they keep it. I and many others want to be able to finish quests in our own land in relative peace and quiet. Other games have a choice of being able to play on a PvE or a PvP only server and maybe NCsoft could consider something like that for Aion or even implement an optional PK Mode (ie: if you want to PvP you active PK Mode and away you go. You don't want to PvP, then that's your choice, the way it should be).