Posted: Oct 9th 2010 8:24AM Victor Stillwater said

I think, back in the early days of my MMO playing with WoW before I knew what the term Ninja referred to in MMO circles, I ninja'd something or at least performed a ninja-ish move.

I was a hunter, and a boss had dropped a rare ring that gave me very little combat advantages. That day, I was so frustrated because no loot dropped for me, and I felt so self-important at the time that I rolled on it when the tank could have made better use of it (in hindsight)... and I won the roll.

The guild congratulated me for winning on vent, nice as they were, and I was basically so fed up with not getting something that I could use that I said something I regret to this day, and logged off.

I had a long talk with my guild master over email as a result, and he tried to be very understanding, and my shame over what I had done made me change as a person not only in-game but in the real world.

I became the type of person whose focus was on forming bonds and not worrying about loot, and I enjoyed the game more because I was a changed person.

So yeah, it was a dumb move on my part, but I am thankful for the opportunity to have grown as a result of it.

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 8:45AM (Unverified) said

Over my years, I've deleted 5 max level characters in WoW (2x60, 1x70, 2x80). Now I kinda wished I had kept them around.

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 9:06AM Birk said

Every time I leave WoW (which has been for awhile now, thankfully - it tends to consume me) I am tempted to delete my characters. For all its faults, WoW is still fun to return to every now and again to grind out some dungeons and maybe PuG a raid or two.

With cataclysm coming out, I'm sure I'll be starting a new character somewhere...but I'm glad I didn't delete my main. If only for all the rare pets he has!

-Birk

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 12:08PM Dumac said

I was going to say i deleted half of my Guild Wars characters because i wanted less distractions.

Though if you thought i wanted to focus on real life, you are wrong, i wanted to focus on my OTHER GW characters... Sigh. What was i thinking.

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 8:58AM Tsuyin said

Honestly, at this point, Reading the WoW manual is probably a dumb move in itself.

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 9:02AM (Unverified) said

I can't stop laughing at that image!

Posted: Oct 10th 2010 4:44AM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

I have to agree, it's perfect!

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 10:01AM VioletArrows said

Forgetting to switch out my solo shortcut bar for my raiding bar. Solo bar has a taunt right in the middle of it. Raiding doesn't.

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 10:24AM Dread said

A few weeks ago I was having a short stint in DDO and leveled a Monk to 12. Got in with a group farming the end instance for Necro 2 and basically it was just sitting there while a Mage ran around and did everything - loot end chest hoping for the sweet Monk Wraps to drop. After 5 runs they dropped for someone. I was the only Monk so they said they were for me......stupidly I had a WoW brain snap so I waited for them to be passed to me by the person picking them up....and when everyone went outside and nothing was passed to me I went out as well.....and then it clicked - its DDO - its still in the chest! Too late! Instance ended :(

I haven't had the heart to log back in since :(

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 10:52AM Genebit said

here's an illustrated version of what happens to me when stupidity ensues.

Its the single thing that if i had kept, i wouldn't have died as often, and i probably would still be playing ether saga.

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 11:04AM oohwakakaka said

in lotro, i was aiming for "the undying" title, my toon was already halfway to level 20 without experiencing a single death, i was on a quest to kill brigands in their camp in bree, my wireless mouse suddenly stopped working (the batteries went dead), in my panic, i turned off my pc, looked for fresh batteries, only to see that my toon was at the respawn point when i logged back in. its such a dumb moment, i could have just easily ran out to safety from the brigand camp by using the arrow keys on my keyboard >_

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 11:13AM timthel0rd said

Playing something other than my Chosen on Warhammer Online. I loved my Chosen till I realized how completely and utterly subpar he was.

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 11:16AM Unverfied B said

Giving away my UO chars when i left the game to a guy that got them banned might be that.

Getting to leadership positions in any corp/clan/guild/whatever then sticking with it when everything starts falling apart and all my friends are long gone out of plain stubbornness, then finally burning out enough to leave the game completely might be a serial dumb thing i do too.

On a smaller scale: in one evening in eve going into siege on an npc station undock with one window because of a misclick, then bombing our fleet with a bomber alt on the other window because of another misclick and finally ending that evening by falling asleep while sitting on a a gate in a battleship and waking up in the morning in cloning bay >.

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 11:30AM DevilSei said

Eh... dumbest thing I've done (that I can remember at least) was tanking an entire heroic in TBC without my threat-boosting power active (Righteous fury or something). I had it on at first, but we had a bad pull, died, then I ended up forgetting to re activate it. I never noticed and, and I don't think the group did too. Sure mobs peeled off a little more easily from me, but I didn't have too much trouble getting them back.

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 12:08PM Necromas said

Buying Age of Conan even though it didn't have a trial and I didn't get into the beta. Which in itself was a pain in the ass because they required me to validate it via SMS but at the time my phone couldn't receive an SMS because of some other problem.

Realizing it sucks, but not cancelling my subscription until after it charged me the first months fee.

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 12:21PM Revolting said

Not cancelling my FFXIV preorder.

On a more serious note, probably joining a raiding guild in WoW. I never really liked raiding to start with, and I'd quite like the last 4 years of my life back.

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 12:23PM Revolting said

I also Disengage off ginormous cliffs with alarming frequency.

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 3:17PM Lateris said

I just did it last night. I signed into Eve after being gone for a year from Eve. I was flying my Omen on a mission. And found out I had no weapons fitted...Luckily I made it out of there. I also had no insurance!

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 1:32PM Darkshore said

I have the bad habit of deleting all of my characters when i "leave" a game. Only to be very sad when I eventually find my way back.

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 1:40PM Pan1 said

my 1st hour of MMO gaming, the game 'Dark age of Camelot.

Me, getting angry at an npc because he refused to answer me.
I thought the npc's were real persons.

Very dumb but I didn't know better back then.