Posted: Oct 8th 2010 5:39PM elocke said

This is good news, as the combat is the number 1 reason I never subbed or bought FE. I always felt limited and frustrated with my controls when I tried to partake in ANY type of combat during my Free Trial period. I really wanted to get into the game to see what else it had to offer, but when combat, something you do 90% of the time in an MMO, is that bad, there really is no reason to continue.

Can't wait to try out the new combat system, hopefully on another free trial. If it doesn't blow me away I'll never look in FE's direction again.

Posted: Oct 8th 2010 7:56PM Mightylawngn0me said

I bought the game, really enjoyed it to. I unsubbed after my first month for one simple reason. You're dead on in saying there are two very different types of games being played here at any given time, an I personally play those two games with very different mouse sensitivities. Sounds trivial I'm sure, but I use a low sens in shooters and a higher sens in mmo's. FP I want accuracy and in TP doing MMO stuff, crafting/questing/exploring, I want to get it done... thus the higher sensitivity. Not being able to set them independently without buying a new mouse was too much for me.

Posted: Oct 8th 2010 9:08PM Cavadus said

High level combat eventually drove myself and the 47th CEF out of the Grand Canyon province. To be fair, lessening the efficacy of armor and dodge while buffing the shit out of weapons' damage is a start but they still have to address the shitty skill system; it's not fun having 50+ hotkeys and being forced to use a Logitech G keyboard to macro your stuff because the skills are so annoyingly convoluted.

Posted: Oct 8th 2010 9:34PM Arkane said

Can't wait to get back into Fallen Earth. :D

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 12:03AM DancingCow said

Stupidly easy pve content was why I didn't sub.

I made it to level 31 and soloed all but 2 group quests with ridiculous ease, and that was with a crafting character (i.e. no points invested in strength or dexterity).

It's good that they recognise this as a problem now, but a terrible shame that this wasn't obvious in beta. First impressions are what count and FE has sadly squandered theirs.

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 3:24AM eNTi said

• Half a heart
lol... this game is FAIL just FAIL. it it's fps mechanics are shit and pve is laughable. post-apocalyptic my ass.

as for the article...
"The Fallen Earth combat system is a mix of two very different game types: an MMORPG and a shooter."

most (good) shooters are played multiplayer (which almost always means: online). what's the big stretch to give a character like different weapons, skills and levels? either your imagination is very limited or you just want to sound apologetic for a crap game, which fe totally is.

Posted: Oct 10th 2010 7:29AM (Unverified) said

"and consider it as much of a shooter as games that run on the Quake 3 engine."

So engine nowadays is indication, to which genre a game belongs?

Lineage 2 and Aion are also shooters then? Because first uses Unreal engine and other Cryengine?
------
Sad to see, that Massively has opened a column to someone, who usually dwell in the forums and post 'if the developers don't change the game to my liking, then it will die' posts. Gamers, who usually are just burned out.

Fallen Earth and shooters have only one thing in common, that you have to aim your shots. That is all about it. Even Darkfall is more shooterish than Fallen Earth.