Posted: Oct 7th 2010 9:38AM Snichy said

Impressive but not unlike most other MMOs capital city as its easy to build a static building but whats not easy is to fill it (and the game) with life and give the impression that it is populated and alive like a real city. Also theres nothing worse than a city being TOO big, so it takes you months to get to know where everything is!

Hopefully this game will stand out above all the other fantasy titles out there!

Posted: Oct 7th 2010 5:19PM SwobyJ said

While there will be 'homelands' of races mentioned, in the game, or as ideas for expansion content, there will only be *2* capital cities in the game (not some 6-10 nonsense that WoW had to do). They can do a whole lot with Meridian and Sanctum.

(Sidenote: The High Elves and Kelari homelands are both destroyed/wrecked in different ways, and I hear will NOT be in the game on release. The Bahmi and Dwarves may have their own lands, I don't know, but they will not be as focussed upon for now. So what we see in this city is very 'Eth', just as Sanctum is very 'Mathosian'.

I would love for the expansions to feel more 'dynamic' by recovering and building up the High Elves/Kelari lands, and exploring the Bahmi and Dwarf lands to make 6 total capital cities as the world map is clearly meant to expand)

From what is shown of Meridian, it looks like a city that will be both impressive in size, but also quite manageable to navigate and use as a hub.

"Yes, Asha Catari spends her time in the command center. Yes, she will notice if you stare."
Haha. I haven't read this mentioned before, but I noticed that NPCs don't just stand or do one scripted action, but inspect their weapons while idle, do general (yet aimed) patrols of an area, and move to other NPCs in faux-conversation. I wouldn't be surprised if they notice players coming close and say something to them.

Posted: Oct 7th 2010 11:50AM yeppers said

Whoa...

Posted: Oct 7th 2010 2:10PM (Unverified) said

This game is what FF 14 SHOULD of been. Its going to be epic.

Posted: Oct 7th 2010 4:03PM (Unverified) said

F2p Lotr will tide me over until this comes out.
Yes, "tide".
Because waves of anticipation for Rifts are washing over me.

Posted: Oct 7th 2010 5:21PM SwobyJ said

I want to just note here how great the soundtrack is so far, if these tracks are what is going to be used.

Sure, it isn't a sweeping epic live orchestral score (see, SW:TOR, or the important tracks of WoW, and likely GW2), but it sounds like something I would love to hear when entering a city, or being briefed by someone in it.

Brings me back to the standout tracks of certain JRPGs that stick in my head for days.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014