Posted: Oct 6th 2010 8:16PM Mr Angry said

From my experience with Lego Universe this is a terrible idea....

Reason is.... pre-order customers will actually finish all the content before the official release!

Terribly disappointing amount of content in this game, even for the youngsters, who tend to tear through games anyway!

Posted: Oct 6th 2010 8:52PM Skyydragonn said

Its a Lego game. there isn't supposed to be an "end" its meant to be PLAYED not run through like a traditional MMO. If your playing a lego game with the goal of "getting to the end as fast as possible" UR doin it wrong.

Posted: Oct 6th 2010 9:02PM Mr Angry said

You call it a MMO, people will expect content, there just isn't enough, it's a multiplayer lobby game at best.

While you might be satisfied building houses with the bricks you get while questing, then realizing how many more you will need to realize your lego vision in your own instanced zone, then more power to you.

Good luck telling your kids not to be bored when there is no story left, it didn't work with mine sadly :(

Posted: Oct 6th 2010 10:46PM (Unverified) said

My nephew and niece have been playing the beta since it started, they seem like they enjoyed it up until the servers were closed.

Posted: Oct 6th 2010 9:09PM (Unverified) said

I don't know about you guys, but i'd play Minecraft over Lego Universe ANYDAY. And yes, before you all say it, Minecraft is technically not an MMO, but still.

Posted: Oct 6th 2010 11:01PM El Furioso said

Did they ever fix that amazingly-absent "Invert Mouse" option? Game was pretty much unplayable for me during Beta without that most basic of control parameters.

Posted: Oct 7th 2010 1:18AM Sorithal said

Still no way this is worth the 40 bucks right now : /

Posted: Oct 7th 2010 1:28AM Regault said

I pretty much washed my hands of the whole thing once they revealed it was a subscription game. The game is basically a Traveller's Tales Lego game with an achievement grind attached and they're charging premium prices for it.

So much squandered potential because they treated it as just another franchise license to wedge into a themepark rather than building the sandbox game that could have been.

Posted: Oct 7th 2010 8:35AM Snichy said

A subscription-based kids game? Surely thats a contradiction in terms. Whoevers idea that was should be fired (from a large cannon).

Posted: Oct 7th 2010 9:39AM Potajito said

Minecraft >>>>>>> Lego Universe

Posted: Oct 7th 2010 10:19AM JustPlainJim said

Wow. So much negativity. I'm looking forward to it. Installed the game last night and I'm already loving the charm of the game; watching the characters running around the login screen made me giggle.

I know that charm does not a good game make, and I'm not exactly the target audience for this game, but I'm really looking forward to tomorrow!

Posted: Oct 7th 2010 12:15PM (Unverified) said

I love Minecraft but why on earth would these games be in competition? Neither seems to require enormous amounts of time or a huge amount of money and they provide different gameplay by a mile.

Really wish there was someplace one could get reviews/opinion about MMOS that was not overrun by very angry haters, most of these games are pretty amazing accomplishments even if I personally do not like them but judging by the comments here every single mmo ever made is a steaming pile of excreta being forced down our throats by cruel slave-masters.

Posted: Oct 9th 2010 11:15AM M1sterLee said

What they don't mention on the ONLINE store where you can 'pre-order now and get early access' is that you have to wait until they ship the game out in the post which will take at least another week, especially if you do it on a Friday like I did. TBH I feel like I've been conned with this. Very dissapointed.

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM