Posted: Oct 6th 2010 5:48PM CitizenH said

My pet theories about the i20 NDA and extended beta:

1) It's just the Incarnate system. The names of the 10 levels are no secret and what the first 5 do has been leaked and discussed for a while now. The devs may want to test the first 5 together at once (even if i20 only adds 2-3) and see what real players do with them in a controlled environment. Thus, the NDA is a formality for the extended test. This I consider the most likely scenario.

2) It's just a marketing stunt. Secrecy and trying to create rumors of something big is standard Internet hype 101. This could be in addition to my first theory to keep excitement up for people who think they know what's coming.

3) PvP revamp. The last time they had "major system changes" it was the PvP system, and IIRC they had a big problem with people spilling the beans in the beta phase and causing a ruckus over half implemented changes. The devs may want to keep a tighter lid this time. The devs have stated they're still trying to make PvP work and serve both the majority of players who currently shun it, and the PvPers the last round of major changes angered.

4) The long requested space station/moon zone is finally going to become a reality. It's the only thing besides the Spy class that the Going Rogue survey predicted that hasn't come true yet. http://www.massively.com/2008/08/09/alleged-ncsoft-survey-may-lay-out-spectacular-new-cox-direction/

Posted: Oct 7th 2010 9:35AM SkyStreak said

I think Issue 20 will 9essentially) be CoH 2.

Posted: Oct 7th 2010 11:49AM Daemodand said

Paying money? What are those shenanigans! If they think they're going to get my money they're absolutely right! Ima freebie then sub up when 19 drops.

Posted: Oct 7th 2010 2:49PM Superfan said

Those were the questions?

Ok, for next time, maybe we could get some info on what is in store for us in the next year.

Also maybe if we could find out if CoH is planning another boxed expansion. It seems like GR was a big deal for them (despite be just an ok expansion).

Posted: Oct 8th 2010 4:38AM starka1 said

Ahh, someone else besides me was also scratching their head at this Q&A session. I relived the release of GR all over again reading it.

Per my experience of 5+ years playing this game, I agree with Citizen H's number 2. They have always hyped and said their greatest achievement is right around the corner. When taking into account the mechanics and content released over the years, there is just not much they can do to up the excitement factor of our playing experience. I'm assuming that is due to the constraints of the technology and original design. Luckily, the game has solid core gameplay.

Sorry Eliot, I used to share in such enthusiasm but no longer.

Make My MMO: October 19 - 25, 2014