Posted: Oct 5th 2010 6:41PM Sam not Spam said

I will have to admit that i19 is looking a lot more impressive than I had originally thought it was going to be. Certainly, the alternate animations for the ranged sets was unexpected! Seems like a nice mix of content and features, which is good.

Would I like to have seen more? Yes, of course. But as-is I'm pretty impressed that its more than the Alpha Slot, a task force and the Fitness inherent.

Posted: Oct 5th 2010 8:05PM bAss ackwards said

Aye, definitely a great mix of goodies for Issue 19. I am very happy to see Tin Mage is finally going ot be in the game proper. That was my favorite character when the Omega Team time capsule was opened.

Posted: Oct 5th 2010 6:51PM Sam not Spam said

Oh, and I'd like to thank all the Champions Online players as well as everyone looking forward to DCUO. While I don't play your games, the competition is definitely doing me good! I wish everyone the best for their games, and that we all get years of enjoyment from our favorite MMOs :)

Posted: Oct 5th 2010 11:52PM madbassman39 said

Your welcome. I am a long time CoX player converted to CO. Yes I enjoy CO more then CoX, but frankly both are fun games. Sure CO isn't at the same level as CoX is but its good enough to keep me entertained. I look forward to DCUO but I have a feeling that the animations may turn me off. Of all three games, CoX is my favorite so far due to it being my first Hero MMO, it has such a good story behind it (come on CO get us some comics by some publishers and make me care about Defender as I did with Statesman) and the villains side of things was so much fun. I went back to CoX this month (got a free month from saying when I quit that I couldn't afford it, wasn't that nice of Paragon Studios?) and I feel like its missing so much now that I got used to CO. Like you said, I hope for the best for all players and enjoy our own games in our own ways.

Posted: Oct 5th 2010 8:00PM bAss ackwards said

DO WANT.

Posted: Oct 6th 2010 1:33AM Torch Light said

I truly can NOT wait to get this update.
Even where ultra mode and Going rogue helped to push COH back into being viable for the future, this issue contains some simple to think of but complex to do changes that not only get the community excited, but push the game into further customization. If we continue to see HALF of the content paragon studios has put out lately, this game has more and more future to go.

Posted: Oct 6th 2010 8:31AM Damn Dirty Ape said

As someone who just a week ago got back into CoH the addition of inherent stamina is going to be AWESOME! Some characters I would love to play are just so painful to get to level 20 due to constantly being out of endurance, not to mention the painful teenage levels where the powers you are picking are very low on fun factor (fitness prereqs).

Posted: Oct 6th 2010 11:57AM J Brad Hicks said

1) When? Are they still saying this fall?

2) How /many/ more tip and morality missions? This was the biggest i18 disappointment for me, that there were so few of them. Even if they quadruple them, it will still be too few for a system that expects you to grind out 120 repeats of the same mission, or the same couple of missions, to get some rewards.

3) It says that they're letting non-Praetorian characters enter Praetoria (and presumably letting former Praetorians return the same way), but it doesn't say /anything/ about any post-level-20 content in Praetoria. If there isn't any, that's another major disappointment.

4) It looks like the Big Bads from the Apex TF will be War Walkers. But in the i18-revised Tina Macintyre story arc ("Instant Army"), you fight War Walkers and they're not-particularly-tough lieutenants. I have to wonder if they'll bother explaining that away.

Honestly, and I say this as someone who enjoyed the heck out of City of Heroes for a long time, this looks like another expansion that takes them four months to produce and that will take me less than one month to get bored with. They either need to speed up content production or they need to concentrate on making repeatable content that's more unpredictable and less annoying to grind, to cure the game of the horrible mess it's in now where people get to 50 and then all they do is log in every day to grind out yet another speed-ITF. So let's hope that the top-secret signed-NDA issue 20, some time next year, does in fact turn out to be a much bigger deal than any of the last three or four expansions have been.

Posted: Oct 6th 2010 2:05PM Superfan said

Well, I like the list of items for i19 and it seems like there is a lot. For me, a lot of my satisfaction will be on the quality of the new TFs. If they are like the Reichsman crap then this issue will fall to lower depths. If they are ITF quality then this issue is a huge win.

I hope future issues add more than just a slot to the end game. That item was promised with GR and held back (for good reason). I just wonder when the NC people will start firing some of the lead devs that have no idea what the players want. Sure, some people like what they see but how soon we forget the mass exodus of players after Architect until GR.

Posted: Oct 7th 2010 7:20AM (Unverified) said

I really think the secret of Issue 20 is combat will change slightly to make it feel more action oriented at the lower levels. The upper levels are more exciting due to more abilities but he lower levels is where the game loses me now.