Posted: Oct 4th 2010 7:15PM ultimateq said

I gotta say, this is a feature I really liked in Vindictus. I can't wait for the game to gain more content, I think it will be amazing.

There is a creature in the Inn, a cat type creature that talks about talking animals in other lands. And there is a horse and wagon near what looks like a gate out of the small town that you start in, which leads me to believe there will be a lot more content.

I remember something like there being 200 levels, and I'm willing to bet that this starting town is really only designed to take you to 40 or so.

Could these "talking animals in distant lands" be pets? I don't know, but I am excited for this game and what it could become.

Posted: Oct 4th 2010 9:31PM DevilSei said

The cat you're referring to is Dev Cat, pretty much a mascot of the team behind the game, he's also in Mabinogi as well far as I remember (and allows you to skip ahead as well, again if I remember right).

Level cap is 70, currently in the Korean servers, and the 200 thing you see in missions is most likely just an error, or something.

There is going to be other towns you'll go to though, I think there's an additional 1 or 2 in the Korean servers.

Posted: Oct 4th 2010 9:15PM jpkustra said

This game is awesome. I just started and I'm at lvl 5 but it's how I like an MMO to be... action with RPG elements. The moving traps and destructible environments are a nice addition.

Posted: Oct 4th 2010 11:03PM (Unverified) said

I was playing with a higher level guy who pulled one of these out today. He set it up right before we fought the Gnoll Chieftain (I'm only level 8 or so). The buffs were pretty nice, and the boss didn't aggro us until we moved forward so it worked out well. Pretty neat mechanic.

Posted: Oct 4th 2010 11:44PM (Unverified) said

Camp fires are well and good but when can I play the mage chick and even more so when can I play the huge dude? How bad ass do the characters we can't play look?! lol

Posted: Oct 5th 2010 1:06AM DevilSei said

Evy (the mage) is supposedly coming with Open Beta, which is October 13th.

As for Kai (the archer) and Karok (the giant), those come later. I don't think even the Korean client has Karok yet... not too sure though. But they have mentioned a few times they will work to get us caught up with the Korean client as fast as possible, and are hoping that we'll be caught up within a few months at the least.

Posted: Oct 5th 2010 12:35PM (Unverified) said

Thanks for the info Devilsei! Voted you up :D

Posted: Oct 5th 2010 2:44AM eNTi said

is this gal on this screenshot really wearing high heels??? anime/manga really tries to sexualize everything...

Posted: Oct 5th 2010 2:52AM Fakeassname said

so says the person with a set of boobs for an avatar?

... seriously though, I agree.

Posted: Oct 5th 2010 2:47AM Fakeassname said

why is it noteworthy that vindictus has campfires?

this games real name is "Mabinogi: heroes", just look at Mabinogi and expect to get all "that" implemented into Vindictus eventually.

hell, just call this thing "Mabinogi 2" and be done with it as that's what it is.

Posted: Oct 5th 2010 1:30PM DevilSei said

Can't really call it Mab 2, because its a prequel, hence the korean name of "Mabinogi: Heroes", you're playing as the 5 heroes that are mentioned in Mabinogi.

And its a rather nice feature, hence why not? A lot of games relegate campfires to some necessity for cooking, and some add in some negligible buff (as in WoWs +4 spirit) to it.

This is a rare moment where a game actually encourages campfires, not as some association through crafting, but as a mechanic of the game, a way to have you slow down. Hell, lets say a group wants the buff to 50%, they sit down, they get the mechanics of the fight out of the way, and are at... 25%. Now what? They aren't going to just sit in silence, I don't know any group that ever does. They'll start joking and talking and such. Its a way of encouraging players to hang out, by giving them a buff that scales with time.

Again sure, the fire will most likely be used just for that buff and repair, but it'll still need time to go up, and in that situation will encourage conversation.

The article pretty much says what I said too about it.

Posted: Oct 5th 2010 3:14PM Fakeassname said

no, I think it's a good feature too!

I just cant fathom why Massively bothered to report about it when it was such a staple of Mabinogi.

kinda like if they ran a article about how EVE has space stations, or Guild Wars has guilds ....

Posted: Oct 5th 2010 4:49PM DevilSei said

True, but I'm not so sure that all the people interested in Vindictus, have played Mabinogi. While the games are linked, they represent two very distinct ends of a spectrum. Mabinogi has a rather cutesy style, heavily open-ended advancement, and a multitude of options to spend game time on.
Vindictus on the other hand though, is brutal, almost realistic, and possesses little more than fishing and such to do besides taking a monsters face and grinding it along a rock wall to make your bread, then taking its codpiece as your own to reforge and pelvic thrust it right back at its face the next go around.

And while their is now a skill for it in both games, the effects are quite different, so thats always a nice think to point out in case people who have played Mabi saw this to.

Besides, I think I've seen some articles that could be considered more "redundant" before... have to take a glance around though =p

Posted: Oct 5th 2010 2:53AM Fakeassname said

ga area gherhdahf

Posted: Oct 5th 2010 2:53AM Fakeassname said

sry, cat jumped on the keyboard.

Posted: Oct 5th 2010 4:22AM Roalk said

That's a really nice feature.
This game is coming from nowhere for me, after playing the beta, I am super excited. Not your normal MMO tho.