Posted: Oct 4th 2010 3:20PM Egobrane said

I'm gonna get back into this game since FFXIV didn't have as much content as I'd have hoped. I'll check that back out later but for now Norrath already has so much content it's hard to miss out on. What's the opinion on coercers and illusionists? I heard they're pretty much useless nowadays. I guess I can go with warlock.

P2P servers of course.

Posted: Oct 5th 2010 5:48AM Azlew said

Illusionists did get a bit of a nerf when the Sentinel's Fate expansion went live, but they are giving a bit back now, at the end game anyway.
They provide some really nice DPS and their buffs are awesome - 25% double attack, a huge haste buff (turns in to a group buff at the end-game) and excellent mana regeneration. I've got my Illusionist at level 69 right now and desperately want her at 90 before the next update in a weeks time lol.

Posted: Oct 4th 2010 3:42PM Jef Reahard said

I've got an illusionist that's up around level 18-20, I forget. Not really high enough to give you an idea about the class, imo. I seem to remember enjoying it, but did abandon it in favor of a wizard. Coercer is next on my list after I get my wizard maxed out. Check out the class forums on the o-boards, as well as the EQ2flames coercer board for some good ideas.

Posted: Oct 4th 2010 5:01PM Egobrane said

Yeah I looked at those forums, and one of the first topics I saw on the illusionist board was something like "I'm done." and a guy saying he cannot take how gimped the class is anymore.

Then I looked at the warlock forum and I saw people posting parses of them doing 80k+ DPS. This is kind of an attractice option at this point.

Posted: Oct 4th 2010 5:05PM Egobrane said

Actually that same russian is doing outstanding as coercer, that seems like it'll be an interesting one to play. They're neutral now aren't they?

I think I remember visiting the enchanted lands right before I stopped playing. I was a berserker back then but now I have different tastes.

Posted: Oct 4th 2010 6:08PM pcgneurotic said

I'm in the EL now with my Monk main, and indeed it is a pretty damn good zone. The xp flows thick n fast with all the mobs in the place and the quests are cool. Also: "After the cataclysm (no, not that one)..." priceless! :D :D

Posted: Oct 4th 2010 6:34PM Araxes said

I think the word you actually wanted to use was "expatriate." Who edits this stuff, anyway? !:D

Fun read, though.

Posted: Oct 5th 2010 12:45PM Jef Reahard said

Ack, you're right, thanks. Fixed it.

Posted: Oct 5th 2010 9:50AM (Unverified) said

Actually the word is Shattering, at least according to EQ2 Lore.

Why I Play: ArcheAge