Posted: Oct 3rd 2010 1:19AM Shazzie said

Thumb- operated trackball. They used to be called Marbles, then Trackman Marbles, then Trackman Marble Wheel and now they're just Trackman Wheel (the finger-operated one became the 'Marble').

I've used the thumb trackball since the 80's. I find regular mice to be annoying, irritating, and clunky as heck to operate (yes, even the fancy shmancy 'gaming' mice). Give me my perfectly stationary, flick-of-a-thumb, 100% stress-and-carpal-tunnel-free marble.

Too bad the gaming companies decided out of nowhere to ditch development on them and revert back to original style mice. I want more buttons on my marble.

Posted: Oct 3rd 2010 9:20AM Jeromai said

The G15 keyboard is mostly for fun: the two functions I get the most out of is the backlit keys and the one-flick switch to disable the windows key for good. Hate hate hate the windows key. The macro keys are handy but I rarely need to use them, I stack tons of hotbars in MMOs and bind stuff nearer to the WASD keys.

The Razer Naga has tempted me since it came out, but I make do with a Deathadder 3G - slim, comfy, and mouse button 4 and 5 has been put to fantastic use in various games. It sits on a Razer eXactMat speed surface.

One thing's for sure, after the increased sensitivity of a Razer mouse, I can never go back to the ordinary mice without feeling like my wrist is cracking and straining to move the cursor. Between the mat and mouse, an inch of movement is all it takes to move across dual monitors. The mouse is lifted barely an mm to do this. Fantastic sensitivity. The mouse speed freaked me out at first when I started, but it's amazing what you get used to.

Posted: Oct 3rd 2010 10:08AM Snichy said

I played a long time with standard keyboard and mouse and clicked, but then decided to upgrade to n52te but due to impatience really couldnt get used to it so I bought a Naga and love it. Im quite weird in that I use the arrow keys/mouse for movement and bind actions to all keys around them so having multiple buttons on a mouse just means all I need is shift and ctrl together with the arrow keys to have over 40 keybindings. I usually end up only using about a dozen though!

I really want to upgrade my keyboard so the arrow keys and numberpad are on the left of the keyboard not the right but thats quite rare. I think theres a microsoft (sidewinder?) keyboard that you can switch the numberpad but it doesnt include the arrow keys and even laptop numeric keypads dont include the arrow keys! The upcoming Razer Tron keyboard is switchable but I have seen 2 different pictures of it, one including the arrow keys and one without. Anyone else got an alternative?

Posted: Oct 4th 2010 9:51AM Hjordis said

I really enjoy my steelseries (formerly ideazon) reaper mouse. I can adjust the dpi and there are a few bindable buttons on it but its still simple. I also like the way the left/right click buttons are sensitive and the click is quiet. I also use a Fang pad for my left hand and its worked really well in every game although it has an admittedly cheap feel to it. My favorite thing ever tho is my Sibera v2 headset. The sound is gorgeous and when I use to listen to music the bass is extremely sexy. Best purchase so far!

Posted: Oct 4th 2010 1:35PM (Unverified) said

Microsoft sidewinder mouse and keyboard

Make My MMO: November 16 - 22, 2014