Posted: Sep 30th 2010 10:22AM Arkanaloth said

dear god what I would give for a party of 7 heroes....

I'd run Discord team lead.
Livia, Olias, & MoW to round out the discord team
Ogden running a RoJ Smiting / Protection monk
Gwen running mesmer / necromancer with shut-down and Discord to support the damage team
Hayda running as a support paragon

Gods it would be so frakkin awesome...

Posted: Sep 30th 2010 10:53AM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
As much as I would love to play GW2, in fact once upon a time I was looking forward to it, the truth is there is no chance I will buy it no matter how good it turns out to be.

I refuse to have anything to do with NCsoft. Under no circumstances will I ever contribute to their continued prescene

Based games ever made - worst gaming company hands down

Personally I am looking forward to Tera Online, I get to play the next coming of Lineage and put one over NCsoft - perfection

Posted: Sep 30th 2010 11:07AM relgoth said

Hey clay how does this pretain to the article?

I know i ramble but atleast i stay on subject.

Posted: Sep 30th 2010 11:16AM Dril said

Posted: Sep 30th 2010 11:46AM relgoth said

Also i wanted add real quick i only got to play GW for 2 months but i thought it was a cool game worth the time and money spent.

I didnt really get to experience the war in kryta thing cause i was still going through content but i like the idea of 7 heroes.

Only thing id be worried about is that pretty much makes this a completely single player game and makes it very complicated for people just starting and dont know how to optimize their heros.

I can see the 7 heros being good for down the road when GW2 gets released but id really like to see more cooperative playing. Most the time it was just me and my GF doing parts of fissure of woe. Ive had like 2 partys for underworld and thats the jist of what i did party wise.

Posted: Sep 30th 2010 12:11PM Arkanaloth said

To some degree you're right, but I suppose it's how you look at it. I don't see it as creating a single player game, I see it as giving people options on how they want to play.

Let me play devils advocate a bit here... my main is a Mesmer. I could sit around in town LFG for literally *DAYS* and not hear a peep. Most people really see mesmer as a PVP class and I play for the PVE and story, what's worse playing a shut-down mesmer is really hard, if it weren't for my heroes and henchmen I wouldn't have finished a single campaign, let alone gotten masters in any of them.

Fast forward 3 years to the present. I have gotten masters in normal mode in all three campaigns, working on skill hunter & guardian titles, have a few nice maxed titles and elite sets... *NOW* I get party invites. If I go anywhere in Factions wearing elite canthan and sporting the protector of cantha title, you better believe I'm going to get a ping, but I don't need it now. For years I had to do for myself and figure out how to optimize builds and heroes and such and it's paid off, I farm hardmode now for kicks. With 7 heroes I can envision ways to take my team from epic to god-like!!! Better believe I want it!!!

But it's the very community that asks me for a group now that put me into the position of needing to learn how to play without them 3 years ago. Ironic isn't it?

Posted: Sep 30th 2010 1:12PM Randomessa said

The argument is that the people who would use 7 heroes in a group are the same people who are currently using 3 heroes and 4 henchmen anyway - i.e. the addition of more heroes isn't going to make anyone stop grouping who wasn't already avoiding it.

I can vouch for that personally. I try to play with friends (I don't PUG) when I can, and that often means just not playing sometimes because people aren't on, but otherwise I will hop on with H+H and the only thing that would change if more Heroes were allowed is that I'd go with those instead.

Posted: Sep 30th 2010 1:24PM Seldra said

I don't mind either way, but this idea while a great solution to some Henchmen issues has pretty much already set sail. The only reason this even came up was because of how Prophecy is built. The Henchmen don't scale up in level unless you set the difficulty of the instance area to Hard Mode. The stuff that players saw during this storyline event were level 20-28 mobs and you and your heroes while level 20 yourselves, the highest you'll see your Henchmen would be level 15. You go against these new mobs with their new and upgraded/dynamic skill bars and you're looking at dead henchmen in less that 30 sec. This problem isn't the case with the expansions as the lower level stuff is all contained in a "newbie island" and only reason a high level would go there is for achievement farming.

Posted: Sep 30th 2010 2:21PM Tom in VA said

Allowing players to use 7 heroes is about the only thing that would bring me back into Guild Wars at this point. Period.

The game was a great ride; truly, it was. If I could have changed anything about it, however, I would have rescaled the entire game to a maximum party size of 5 or 6 (8 was really way too big of a party size) and allowed players to use all-hero teams if they so desired.

Otherwise, GW is a pretty darn good game. I loved playing through the 3 campaigns (plus EotN) several times on several characters. But, after that, meh. One is left with title-grinding (zzz...), vanquishing (zzz...), PvP (not going to happen), and silly seasonal stuff (not fun and not worth bothering with, imo) and fluff.

I wish ArenaNet would "sublet" the franchise to another developer or else create a similar GW1-esque game, as I think the basic structure still had a lot of potential. GW2 sounds great, but I am definitely going to miss the broad-range accessibility of GW1.

Posted: Oct 6th 2010 2:58AM (Unverified) said

"If you wanna complain wait till they get to a NCsoft game on the customer support article you can complain there while staying on topic."

Guild Wars and Guild Wars II are both NCSoft games so you connect the dots. Are you not aware of the amount of people that had the Guild Wars/Lineage II/Aion accounts stolen because NCsoft left the Master Account website unsecure?

Are you not aware of the way they responded? My article very much pertains to the article because its about Guild Wars II. Completely on subject

"You people are so pedantic; you get your knickers in a twist about a games company being a bit bad but I bet you don't think twice about anything you buy in real life that came from a far more questionable source."

Pedantic pertains to grammar so to be pedantic my first response was not pedantic at all. Yes sarcasim.

"Seriously, we get it. You don't like NCSoft/SOE/Blizzard/Santa/World of Goo Corporation, whatever, cool beans. But personally, and call me whatever you want, but I buy stuff that I think is good.

Yes, that means I'll buy a Cryptic game if it gets good reviews and good word of mouth. Smite me."

Devoting months or years of your time to an MMO is not like buying some Cryptic single player game. Customer support is extremely important because sooner or later you will have a problem, even if its indirect. NCSoft is not a "bit bad". That are one of the companies that rate worst in the world for poor customer support - if you have not had dealings with them then you are not really qualified to comment on them at all. Their entire production team walked out of the Lineage III development and started their own company simply because the companies reputation has gotten so bad - so its not just an isolated thing or some fanboi whine which is what you are trying to imply.

Not good customer service is acceptable. I play Warhammer Online right now and they are not good, but they are good enough. NCsoft - not. Blizzard has the best customer support of any gaming company I have ever known of, so not sure how they got your mention