Posted: Sep 29th 2010 10:23AM (Unverified) said

Meh, I cant be interested in WAR anymore. I have gone back a couple of times and the whole game is broke for me. I want pve with my pvp, not some side dish the chef put in as an afterthought.

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 10:36AM MassivelyJames said

I'd try WAR again, if they would add the content back in that they took out.

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 10:40AM Alpha Gamer said

They'd do better if they made a nice subscription package that included all three titles for a discounted price instead of making commercials. That might actually entice me and others I know to resubscribe.

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 10:40AM (Unverified) said

An incentive to come back to WAR would be positive reviews that the game has improved to what it was originally suppose to be and not some free play time.

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 11:01AM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
Probably the most idiotic campaign since Killing People in the face. Bioware needs to gut the entire Mythic dev team starting with Carrie Gouskos. WAR is still a train wreck and she more or less told folks who like to PVE in WAR to get another game on TTHL.

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 11:11AM (Unverified) said

I don't know about the other two games but I recently "re-enlisted" to WAR and it was good fun for the first month. They've made a ton of great changes since launch and seem to have finally got the insane amount of CC (Crowd Control) mellowed in Tier 4.

That said, their number one populated server; Badlands, started experiencing severe stability issues over a month ago including CTD when zoning and extended outages during the weekends. And unfortunately one thing Mythic hasn't changed is their poor communication with their customers.

Even though they've finally implemented a customer forum; strangely absent at launch, they don't use it to update their player base on what's going on with the servers. I find this last bit the hardest to swallow since they seem to have no shortage of cute marketing videos on why you should come back to the game.

In general, the player base of Badlands blame the current server instabilities on the recent influx of returning players all joining "their" server. I disagree. I believe this is simply poor management on Mythic's part; both in population control and customer communication. I wish they'd devote a fraction of their marketing time to supporting their current customer base.

In short, the game is structurally improved but Mythic hasn't changed much even since they were brought under the Bioware umbrella. Since people returning will most likely need to relocate their characters due to all the closed servers, I recommend rolling some new toons first and checking out the stability and population densities of each server before deciding on a permanent home for your toons. Unfortunately what I found was any server other than Badlands simply didn't have a decent player base with very little RvR and almost no Scenarios available during my prime time to play. Also, check the server forums and ask for player feedback.

My two cents.

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 11:21AM Pewpdaddy said

Ahh, WAR seeing the comments only reassures me my new time waster "LoTRO" is a good choice for the time being. I really ate up the hype for WAR. Loved the classes, Squig Herder was fun, Sorceress, Diciple of Khaine. Ahh those where the days... of ignorance. So your going to throw me into almost forced PvP. Then your going to shove some unbalanced crap at me?!?! Whatever thanks for eating my $50 pre-order and 4 months of sub cash. Burn me once your bad any more than that I deserve it.

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 11:25AM jimr9999us said

Thanks for letting us know, I just "reenlisted" to W:AoR...14 days free and some cool items is a great offer, they'll prob get a month or two of sub out of me they wouldn't have otherwise.

W:AoR has the best gcd fantasy sub-based pvp out there...it's a niche genre to be sure, but they're smart focusing on their strength. The game is as balanced and bug-free as any...assuming you stay in the lakes and away from pve.

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 7:51PM SWILK3RS said

"The game is as balanced and bug-free as any...assuming you stay in the lakes and away from pve"

Really? May as well say "Fair and balanced" That would seem more appropriate. WAR clearly leans toward the right errr light side. Order clearly gets more love my friend and they always will.

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 12:03PM Vrazule said

WAR's PvP would be a lot more fun if they didn't require a raid force to get anything done. I got tired of having to hook up with 24 or more people anytime I wanted to PvP. At least DAoC offered some solo and small group RvR, but the game is old and I played it for two years, which is usually the most I can stomach any game, plus the interface needs a complete overhaul. As far as Ultima, I never played it because I can't stand isometric games.

I don't wish them any luck, because they don't put enough effort into their games to deserve it.

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 2:03PM The Minn said

At least they are better than Cryptic =)

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 2:03PM The Minn said

If Mythic keeps on giving out 'retries', as they have before, I might actually get my shammy to level cap!

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 2:16PM Jesspiper said

Where the F is my DAoC Origins server? That will get me back.

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 2:48PM Keen and Graev said

That will get me and 20 of my friends back.

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 2:58PM (Unverified) said

QFT

The only way your going to entice me back is making the switch to a F2P model... Nobody wants to spend $15/month to run buff-bots in a 10yr old game.. Specially one on it's last leg. (Which is why DAOC DOL freeshards have more players then the actual game. OH SNAP!

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 7:47PM SWILK3RS said

Is the black guy Teal'c from Stargate? Glad to see that he is finding work.

Posted: Sep 30th 2010 12:00AM ColdCoffee said

Not be mistaken with white Teal'c from Gatestar's.

Posted: Sep 30th 2010 5:53PM jimr9999us said

Order: KotBS, Archmage, BW, Warrior Priest, WH
Destro: Chosen, Choppa, SH, Sorc, DoK, and Shammy.

I'd say advantage destro 1 rdps, unless you'd like to make the argument that the engie or SW are better than the SH?