Posted: Sep 28th 2010 10:31PM Dblade said

I wonder what kind of resources they even had to develop the game if he thinks dropping crafting or an auction house would have improved it. I mean hell, Fallen Earth seems to be doing better with updates with a skeleton crew of people.

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 12:26AM Its Utakata stupid said

I thought this was telling:

"Unfortunately, the cost of keeping the translations entirely up to date was too high given the number of players we have who natively read those languages. It was a very difficult decision to make."

...Poz then goes on to say many of CO's non-English players gravitated to English side of the game...or left it entirely.

Either way, they niether had enough funds for translation and/or keeping players interested in the game. I suspect many of such funds went to their "other" projects in addition.

Not exactly an entire disaster as APB, since they're still kicking around and many who stuck with have seen improvements. But it does sound like the it is hanging by a maitenance mode shoe string that occasionally gets a cookie chucked it's way. It's not news that inspires me to want to go back.

It's also scary Roper has a fan base. :(

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 4:22AM Anatidae said

What, Cryptic releases game before they are ready?

I am shocked. *sigh*

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 2:44PM Superfan said

Crafting was brutal in this game. The game, in general, sucks. I was hoping it would be able to take me away from CoH but, in comparison, that game is awesome.

Anyone new to CoH and CO would prefer CoH in a heartbeat despite CoH's dated graphics. I've been playing CoH for approx. 30 months off and on. They have a bad habit of repeating themselves and adding similar stuff over and over.

One day game makers will realize if there is a ton of the same thing in the game why add more of it?! Branch out and be innovative :)

Posted: Sep 30th 2010 4:50AM pixelmonkey said

Cox is better than CO? - lol not even close - CO has it's issues but compared to the dated slow arse gameplay that is COX - CO is a Porsche doing 102mph compared to a broken down Pinto. COX also looks like it could be played on my iPhone - with it's crappy graphics. Going Rogue was a waste of my money - and I am still having fun in CO - although lack of end game content is a serious issue. I am waiting on DCOU also- looks interesting but I am concerned that SOE will blow it and the game only launches with 2 zones. SOE is also still skirting around character creation and the game is live in a month.

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 6:28PM Luk said

Mark my words:
This this game will be done and dead after DCU release.
It was bad enough not to be able to compete with old COH, as soon as DCU launches CO will be completely irrelevant.

PS.
Add evil laugh here for more drama

Posted: Sep 30th 2010 2:58PM GeneralStobo said

I don't understand all the hate. I just picked up the game on the $6 deal they had on Steam and am loving. This may be the first MMO where I actully reach the level cap. Fast paced gameplay and so far plenty of content (current level 22) is keeping me happy.

DCU online does look good though, but I def won't be getting that on release and will be waiting to see how it actually plays and for a price drop. Too many MMOs coming out now.

Make My MMO: October 19 - 25, 2014