Posted: Sep 27th 2010 1:21PM (Unverified) said

After opening 8 frozen boxes and getting nothing but worthless items, I can't say I'm very pleased with this excuse of an event. Yes, you don't have to do anything to get them, yes it is free, but the chances are apparently so low for the actual clothing items as to be laughable. On two servers I've seen a total of 2 of the sexy swimsuits, with a third on sale for some crazy amount of kinah. Why not just make each item "X" number of scorching heat and then be able to use them to buy the items you want? At this rate I'm pretty sure I'll still have nothing at the end of this thing. Another fail event, not to mention the annoying (if actually funny) ways people have come up with to be AFK without getting logged off.

Contrast that with the Daeva's Day event, which is running at the same time: You get dropped quests along with some event quest givers. Everyone that does them gets the party hat (good) and a lame retread of the Valentine's Day headgear (with a 30 day limit on it, no less). You also get a bit of XP and some decent amounts of kinah, which is nice. Oh, and the cake is also usable, with some buffs, so that was a nice surprise. The fireworks are rather poor. So overall, mixed but a step in the right direction.

The problem is these shouldn't be so poorly done. NCSoft has been doing events in other games for years and yet this is the kind of thing we get from Aion? Can't they be bothered to just talk with the ArenaNet people (they own the division) to figure out how to properly run an event and make event items that everyone can get with minimal effort and HAVE FUN DOING IT? I guess not. Still, baby steps in the right direction, I guess.

Posted: Sep 27th 2010 2:23PM fauxcivility said

I would've preferred items to cost X amount of scorching heat as well.

From the two frozen boxes I've opened I now have a total of 200 blue balaur scales which have dropped in value CONSIDERABLY since this event started.

Very frustrating for players who are actually at their keyboards while earning scorching heat just to receive crap. ;_;

Posted: Sep 27th 2010 2:24PM Thac0 said

How is looking like a retarded cartoon penguin supposed to fun and rewarding as a prize for a special event?... /baffled

Posted: Sep 27th 2010 5:29PM (Unverified) said

From people playing, i've stopped playing around lvl 27 maybe 8-9 months ago because of the endless grind (or at least it's what seemed to me from a cleric perspective). Is the game less grindy now? Or enough less so that even not so grind-oriented players can play?

Posted: Oct 1st 2010 9:01PM (Unverified) said

It's far lesser grindy nowadays. They implemented a lot more xp and money rewards from the smallest of quests, plus solo instances.

Posted: Sep 27th 2010 6:33PM Graill440 said

A penguin for summer heat? And summer is well over? Late on the event? What part of the Aion mythos does this fall under? I understand the asmodians are on the cold side but in my short 3 week jaunt i never saw no heard of penguins (inquin). (grin)

Posted: Sep 28th 2010 3:37AM ChaosInc said

Seriously? Just go away already. All your responses are the same copy/paste garbage about how everyone is being paid off or that they're biased. They're just doing their fucking jobs. Perhaps you should go get one yourself.

Posted: Sep 28th 2010 9:43AM real65rcncom said

NCsoft isn't very good at AION events.

I'm not sure why releasing a "summer" event at the end of summer is a good idea. It's not like most people want to go back to the beach or even the idea of it this time of year. Even in asian countries, summer is long gone. Really weird timing.

I remember the St Patty's Day event being bad as well. They gave us this horrid green dye to change your toons colors, then you had to go to (for Elyos) Sanctum and stand around waiting for world bosses to pop.

When they did they were IMMEDIATELY claimed by the top legions who just padded their feathers with more super Asmo killing gear, while all the smaller legions tried in vain to do anything. I mean, it was like throwing a pork chop in a kennel of rots and small puppies so no surprise how it turned out on our server (Fregion).

Whoever is coming up with these events needs to study other games and see where they can improve, not go backwards with time. They don't anticipate very well over there.

Posted: Oct 1st 2010 9:12PM (Unverified) said

This event had actually been going on for a while in South Korea before it got out to the US and EU. If you want to put blame on anyone...blame NCWest?