Posted: Sep 27th 2010 4:36PM Tornadojoe said

Nice beginner friendly write up. In addition to the respec NPC you can also make or have a crafter make an AA mirror for your in game home that will let you store a second AA spec that will let you alternate between AA setups very similar to dual-speccing in WoW.

Posted: Sep 27th 2010 5:03PM (Unverified) said

My advice to any newbs looking for AA advice. Roll on over to EQ2Flames.com. It's the EQ2 forum that the devs try not to talk about, but it has a WEALTH of info for serious players. Just prepare yourself for some NSFW language and flames.

Posted: Sep 27th 2010 5:48PM (Unverified) said

I would strongly advise that most newbies *avoid* EQ2Flames unless they are consumate min-maxing raider with a flameproof hide. Seriously, a whiny herd of elitist entitlement munchkins dominate the boards there even though there *is* some good information -- if you dig deep and long enough before asking publically.

The reason the EQ2 devs try to ignore the site is because it represents a TINY fraction of their playerbase but you would never know that by how passionately -- and loudly -- they complain about the most trivial of game mechanics and gear.

Go ahead, flame me and prove my point. :-P

Posted: Sep 27th 2010 5:54PM Jef Reahard said

Lol, elitist entitlement munchkins, have you copyrighted that?

In all seriousness, I didn't list EQ2 Flames simply because it didn't occur to me. I did get some useful info for my shadowknight build from them a while back, so it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for people to check them out along with the o-boards. Definitely nsfw though.

Posted: Sep 27th 2010 5:55PM Jef Reahard said

Yeah, I'll be doing that on my next alt. Live and learn.

Posted: Sep 27th 2010 7:27PM (Unverified) said

And indeed, if you're playing bronze or silver in EQ2X, you will be forced to put half of your exp to AA's, and half to adventure exp, so you can't NOT follow your good advice. ;-)

Posted: Sep 27th 2010 10:13PM Araxes said

Tongas is the bestiest race, yisyis.

Umm.

I can't think of anything else to contribute, here. ;)

Posted: Sep 28th 2010 4:45AM Azlew said

The 50% AA slider on EQ2X is actually pretty nice. It's so quick to level now anyway so its almost like getting AA for free.

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM