Posted: Sep 25th 2010 4:25PM Taawa said

There's never been a better time since release to be a Zealot. The new mechanic has actually been buffed in a hotfix since the patch, to give a 1:1 stat conversion. This 1:1 stat conversion means there's zero difference between offensive and healing gear. It also means the Zealot can opt for more defensive stats in gear and renown points without sacrificing too much healing ability. The look and feel of the class is awesome. Mythic's artists had a field day with its perverseness and insanity.

Happy Zealoting!

Posted: Sep 26th 2010 8:11PM Avick said

As a destruction player, I definitely don't think there's a huge balance gap. Hell, my newest character, my SH, rips faces off at only rr46.

Also, a R80 anything is going to make you feel the pain.

Posted: Sep 26th 2010 8:12PM Avick said

Whoops, meant to go as a reply to the comment below this one.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 7:45PM SWILK3RS said

One of the major problems with Warhammer is indicated in the second paragraph

"It has been a long time since I've played the game on the side of Destruction. Actually, truth be told, I've never really been serious about any Destruction character I've ever rolled at all, with my highest level being somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 or so on a blackguard when the class was first released."

The DEV's are the same and it shows.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 8:08PM (Unverified) said

I agree. I left war when this was apparent. While a great base, they really seemed to not worry about that side in the least.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 9:00PM drakon said

Just be on the receiving end of a R80 BW and its immediately clear that the balance team/person plays Order.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 7:58PM Joshua Przygocki said

I loved my zealot, AOE heal spam and flashing like no other.

Premades were so much fun to heal and we always won because of the heals.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 10:59PM (Unverified) said

Actually, HoD should be giving 100% of all your stats in healing to damaging and vice versa. I rarely use it due to being a purely dedicated healer. Look up Pikiki on the official site. 34/30-32 Zealot. I love the class but I am now working on a WH and SW through T3 and T2 respectively. Got tired of being told I am not healing enough. These are mainly coming from WEs who stealth behind enemy lines to take out their healers when the people around the healers are in full Sov. The tanks love me.

I use a HoT/AP regen build. My main heals I use are

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 11:03PM (Unverified) said

Edit: Damn you keyboard from hell!

My main heals I use are Tzeentch's Cordial, Leaping Alteration, Dark Medicine, and Flash of Chaos. I hardly ever use my group heal spell due to the fact it eats AP fast and most of the time most of group mates are getting health every second. I only use it as a Oh S***t! button. The ritual I use is the one that gives AP to all my allies within 100 ft of it every time the hit.

Posted: Sep 26th 2010 10:19AM Taawa said

I almost always slot the Blessing of Chaos and Restorative Burst tactics. I'll use flash heal on someone until it crits and procs Blessing. Then I'll follow up with Cordial and Dark Medicine. If they're under heavy fire (or focused fire from just one OP Order DPS) I'll throw the shield on and use Elixir. But Elixir is a long cast and very situational heal. Time to death is still broken, way too short in Warhammer. And a good Slayer can kill my target 2 times over in the time it takes me to cast Elixir. The Zealot group heal, while on the tool tip appears to be identical to the Shaman, Rune Priest, and Archmage group heals, feels very slow and laggy. I dislike using it. But if I'm short AP I'll sometimes use it just to top people off and proc Restorative Burst.

You'll find as you level, Dark Medicine doesn't scale well. And it's very AP inefficient. Flash plus Cordial is superior and more efficient and effective than Dark Medicine. But it is worth casting if your target has Blessing procced. I'm one of the very few Zealots specced into Witchcraft. So my Dark Medicine and single target shield are much more powerful than the average Zealot's.

Your comments about Order favoritism are valid. But are becoming less valid over time. Changes over the last year have brought the two realms closer into balance. The Bright Wizard really isn't much better than the Sorc right now. However, Order overall has both better defenses and better burst damage capability than Destruction. Plus they have two group crit buffs that are mirrored nowhere for Destruction. That's a huge advantage! Crit is incredibly important in WAR. It is the most important stat for most careers. I've wondered what the combat and careers team are smoking, and out of all the hundreds of developers that have been fired, why Nate Levy still has a job.

Posted: Sep 26th 2010 11:51AM Greg W said

"You'll find as you level, Dark Medicine doesn't scale well. And it's very AP inefficient. Flash plus Cordial is superior and more efficient and effective than Dark Medicine."

It's interesting that you point this out. When I first got Dark Medicine, I was hoping it would be similar to the Archmage's Healing Energy, and for all intents and purposes, it is. I used it for a few fights and realized immediately how terribly AP inefficient it was and went straight back to flash+cordial (with shields on targets taking large spike damage). The difference was mind boggling.

I haven't got any rituals or my group heal yet, nor have I leveled up enough to get Leaping Alteration, but that's the heal I'm really looking forward to.

Posted: Sep 26th 2010 11:14PM Song7 said

I'm enjoying leveling a Zealot. This is one of the coolest ways to play a hybrid class, on the fly class specialization(with no penalty) is ingenious. Over all I'm having a blast spending time in WAR lately.