Posted: Sep 25th 2010 1:04PM (Unverified) said

Thanks for the maps link, very good stuff. :)

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 1:36PM (Unverified) said

I ca not, for the life of me, find the NPC to do gear repair in Ul'Dah! Anyone know where he/she is?

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 2:18PM (Unverified) said

West of the chocobo stable--Gorgonzola or something.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 4:55PM prfella said

That would be the elf wearing red leather (name escapes me at the moment) in West hawker's alley in Lower Limsa Lominsa.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 1:50PM JuliusSeizure said

I, uh, stumbled across a copy of the collector's edition of XIV and allowed it to be bought for me on impulse. I'm a Final Fantasy tragic, but I did not like XI at all, so I'd been avoiding XIV out of instinct. I am, ultimately, a sucker for some Amano artwork on a box and thehaunting tones of the Crystal theme.

I'll let you know how it goes for me. :)

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 7:24PM (Unverified) said

Just as an FYI, if you're repairing at the NPC, you don't need to remove anything, it'll automatically repair anything that is damaged. If you're having another player repair things for you though, you do need to remove the item and put it up for repairs.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 8:17PM Mevan said

The information on the way fatigue cools down is no entirely correct. Komoto said that the fatigue value for the class will begin resetting as soon as you change classes. So there is no need to run away from the game in order to level your class of choice faster. You'll be doing just as good if not better to change classes and work on some bonus abilities for your main class. Since release I haven't been able to get away from my PC unless dragged. It has some pretty amazing lag but that will ease over time when there isn't 400 people hanging out in the starting areas. I hope everyone enjoys this game as much as I am. See you in there.

Mevan Vallques, Lindblum.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 8:27PM Mevan said

Here is the link to the interview where he talks about the way fatigue cools down. The whole thing is worth reading and the part about fatigue is towards the bottom.

Posted: Sep 26th 2010 1:21PM hexaemeron said

This means that you cannot repair your starting undershirt without a replacement, as that's the one piece of gear the game will not let you remove. (Probably for good reason.)

C'mon now. You ARE allowed to say something negative about the game, Eliot. Really. It's a BAD thing. BAD BAD BAD.

No one will think less of you for admitting that.

Posted: Sep 26th 2010 4:58PM Eliot Lefebvre said

I'm allowed to say any bad things about the game that I want.

That having been said, I don't think that the inability of players to remove their miqo'te's undergarments is in some way a bad thing, because otherwise you know what you would see every single time you walked into a city.

Posted: Sep 26th 2010 5:14PM hexaemeron said

Then they shouldn't degrade. Very simple. :-)