Posted: Sep 25th 2010 6:16AM archipelagos said

Okay, I'm gonna have to forego my usual restraint and respond to this article with an appropriate: HOLYCRAPYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSMOREMOREMORE!!!!!!!!!
*Ahem*
That is all.

Toreador all the way.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 6:20AM SkuzBukit said

I'm very much looking forward to this, I was a huge fan of the PC RPG's (never got into the PnP) which this looks to be set like.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 8:01AM (Unverified) said

I've played both and I prefer Requiem. Easier to pick up for beginners, more depth of play, more interesting societies.

The background and history of Masquerade was more interesting.

In all honesty, this video says 'Masquerade' but looks like Requiem. It's as if they're transplanting the old setting with the new mood. Shame, as Requiem's rules are far superior, but I do miss some of the older Clans.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 10:30AM ChaosInc said

New rules are easier, old world setting was still superior in my opinion. Looking forward to seeing how they implement everything.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 1:24PM ravenstorm said

They'll probably rework the rules anyway. It'll be whatever works best for the MMO format. I'm guessing when they say "based on Masquerade," they're mainly talking about the mythology, clans, Camarilla vs. Sabbat — the metastory details, in other words.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 7:16AM Panicbutton said

Make it dark.... very very dark!!

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 7:22AM (Unverified) said

I never liked Eve, despite the fact that I really wanted to. I am really looking forward to seeing what CCP does.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 7:35AM (Unverified) said

i need to see some gameplay.. those are only artwork...

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 7:35AM Budukahn said

Glorious news. Even more so that The Masquerade will be the setting used. I never liked the rebooted World of Darkness. I found it annoying that I'd spent so much time over the years absorbing the lore of the older setting just for them to turn around and completely replace it.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 8:57AM (Unverified) said

Old WoD is fantastic news. I can only hope that it doesn't focus entirely on Vampire - a lot of my friends from our Werewolf: The Apocalypse campaign were really frothingly excited about this until we thought that it was going to be based on NWoD.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 9:41AM Henthor said

• Half a heart
mmo, vampires?! seriously?! whaw ... not that original. I was hoping that they improve eve first because I am on the trial and after five days and four destroyers 11frigates later find the game too easy. I hope the fans like it but is not at all interesting for me. well ... I have to spend my money elsewhere i guess.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 9:46AM Resurge said

Requiem, Masquerade ..don't care ...as long as i can role-play a Malkavian online, i'm a happy vampire.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 12:45PM GaaaaaH said

I don't think Malkavians are in Requeim

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 1:18PM ravenstorm said

But there are Malkovians in Requiem. :) They're a Ventrue bloodline.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 8:09PM dudes said

Yes, Malkavian's are a bloodline of Venture in Requiem rather than a clan.

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 11:23AM (Unverified) said

Malkavians as a Ventrue bloodline... *spits*

I was going to avoid this game like the plague because I assumed it was using Requiem as its basis... which is a load of crap. I love the Requiem systems but why did you have to bastardize all of the clans!?

Now that I know it is using Masquerade as the basis I cannot wait for this game to be released. It just went from a "meh" to a "Why isn't it 2012 yet so I can play this!?" in one single news release!

Happy malk is happy...

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 11:17AM (Unverified) said

Great so old WOD players will cry everytime something doesn't go their way and we have to listen to the rediculous amounts of "Generation" talk every time we meet another player. Wonderful. This is seriously disappointing. Ontop of it being primarily about social interaction, does that means that the incredible combat system is being left out of the equation?

I'll wait and hope that as more details come in that it sounds a bit more than a place for die hard WOD fans to show off the latest dress fashions and a bit more well rounded of a gaming experience.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 9:43AM (Unverified) said

I'm not a big fan of EVE but CCP sure kows how to build a community and strong sandbox games. With the masquerade franchise, this offers amazing potential.
Will definitely be looking forwad to this one.
Also the WoD tech demo they showed a few months ago will fit into this nicely!

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 10:33AM (Unverified) said

About F%^& time :D I only pray so that they include all the clans at release. I need Tremere!!

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 1:14PM ravenstorm said

Make that two votes for Tremere! Hopefully they'll at least have the seven classic Camarilla clans (before the Gangrel went all independent).

The Daily Grind: Which MMO has the best economy?

Posted on Apr 18th 2014 8:00AM