Posted: Sep 24th 2010 3:39PM (Unverified) said

good luck in year 2 Fallen Earth

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 4:29PM (Unverified) said

Don't forget the fact that they laid off most of their patch after the hard work on patch 1.4 was done... and right before it came out.

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 5:31PM (Unverified) said

Don't forget that those employees were paid for their hard work while they completed 1.4 and a logical time to end employment if you're financially forced to do so is... when the work is complete.

The fact that employees were laid off is simply a reflection of our current global economic situation; far from uncommon with game developers over the last 24 months. I wish those employees the best of luck in finding work if they haven't done so already.

In spite or perhaps due to that difficult decision, Fallen Earth has continued to expand its content and serve its customer base unlike other companies that have been forced to cancel their products and/or close their doors.

It's conceivable that as they continue to improve their product and earn new customers, some of those laid off employees could find work there again some day. Who knows?

Alan - I find your need to point out and highlight this unpleasant situation distasteful when the author is attempting to showcase what has improved about the game in the last year. It makes me wonder what your agenda is? Or is it simply a case of the old saying, "Every party needs a pooper?"

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 6:58PM (Unverified) said

Maybe Allan is one of the guys who got laid off, or works for interplay and is trying to spread dissension in the post post apocalyptic video game genre.

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 5:35PM (Unverified) said

Fallen Earth is an awesome game and I like it a lot. If you are a crafter this is the game for you. Good luck in year 2 and if you get your animations looking a bit better, I might just go back to the canyon. As I have said before I am an unabashed media whore who puts great graphics ahead of great gameplay. Though I am playing vanguard right now and they have the weirdest animations going.

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 8:06PM Hothnogg said

They opened the sector behind that big wall yet?