Posted: Sep 24th 2010 9:46PM MrGutts said

Has anyone seen any good game play footage yet from this yet? I have seen maybe 2 or 3 vids that have been recycled over and over again for the past year. I am not talking about the fancy CGI movie they wasted no telling how much money to make.

Did anyone touch this game at E3, Pax or Dragon Con??

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 9:50PM sortius said

If you actually watched any of the dev diary videos you'd see gameplay. There's a stack of videos on the DCUO site.

I can't believe how so many people are so lazy they don't seek out information themselves.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 5:23AM UnSub said

Yeah, why should SOE have to show anything about DCUO when they can just have people sit in a chair and talk to you about it?

The gameplay videos released thus far are very limited.

Posted: Sep 26th 2010 3:53PM (Unverified) said

There are plenty of gameplay videos released.

I love the talk sessions.

DCUO is going to hit the superhero MMO market like WoW hit the fantasy MMO market.

Kinda makes you feel sorry for the consequences for CO and COH. (Buh-bye)

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 12:20AM (Unverified) said

Well given their answers to both the anthro animal heads question and then the growth/shrinking powers. I think I know quite a few people who might play this from Champions Online because CO says they can't do what DCUO managed.

The suggestion forum on CO has a few threads asking for the ability to put hats or masks on the animal heads in the game for players and what do they do but only allow it on NPCs (when they put out Vibora Bay and all the crocodiles wearing top hats and such).

There are also quite a few threads asking about the growth/shrinking ever since they fixed the 'bug' that allowed for titan sized characters last November. Granted it won't be available for a powerset but still it sounds like there will be more options for such than CO currently allows.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 12:59AM (Unverified) said

Given the quality of the game.

The transistion to a streamlined action MMO over a MMORPG grind.

I suspect this game will put a strong hurt on COH and CO.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 1:46AM (Unverified) said

I'm so torn on this game. On one side, I would love to try another superhero MMO so I can recreate my powered armor hero again but DCUO is a SOE game and I just have this nagging suspicion that something will go wrong.

And for some reason, I also have this nagging feeling that the game has very little to offer beyond combat.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 7:23AM (Unverified) said

Errr...very few MMO's offer anything to do besides combat. Its kind of the MO of the MMO. See what I did there?

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 7:55AM Snichy said

There are literally dozens of things that an MMO game can offer except combat - a lack of variety is the difference between a "free month" player and a player staying with the game for years.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 11:46AM (Unverified) said

"a lack of variety is the difference between a "free month" player and a player staying with the game for years."

An over convoluted game with everything plus the kitchen sink thrown in is the difference between a "free month" player and a player staying with the game for years.

There a plenty of MMOs out with too much "stuff" and too many different game mechanics and systems.

A quick, streamlined, action MMO is exactly what plenty of players are looking for.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 7:17PM (Unverified) said

Most certainly MMOs can get convoluted but you can also fall in the other extreme. A MMO can be too simple and essentially be a one trick pony. There's a middle ground somewhere.

What I implied is, DCUO right now from what I've seen seems to be essentially all about combat. No MMO can expect to do well long term with just combat. I think players are much more sophisticated now and expect more.

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 7:59AM Snichy said

Pretty weak questions, doesnt really tell us much of anything substantial - who really cares about putting a mask on an animal head or whether you can have wonder womans bracers! I guess everything will become clear in just over a months time when they wont be able to pick and choose what gets released.

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 8:33PM ZenJitsu said

It felt like some of CO's interviews with Bill Roper, where he's telling us about how "awesome" something is, without actually *showing* us how awesome it is.

I'm also wary about the lack of information regarding two things: customization and non-combat activities. I know it's also a console game, so lots of action and fist-pounding will happen, but I was hoping for something with a little more depth (sophistication?) than the DC version of Champions Online.

They've shown very little of the character customization options, and with launch being less than 5-6 weeks away, that's concerning. In addition, some of the non-combat activities they've described are essentially badge-collecting and the 'tips' missions from CoH that drop off of defeated enemies. No innovation.

I'm hoping they aren't just keeping us in the dark for that launch-day cash grab, simply because we don't know any better.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM